Universal Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #3581 Rip73, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
    Well, veteran 15. I think I'm rank 18 on final prestige

I originally thought prestiging each time would raise my k/d a lot, and it does to some extent, but either the balancing is very good or there's a lot of quality players out there or I'm not half as good as I thought.
    Probably a combination of the three.

I haven't really been focusing on any stats though, other than the 1000 kills with each item, I am just finding it a lot of fun and not bothered about w/l or k/d.
    Some of the ragdolls and body parts flying just leave me laughing so hard that I lose focus on the match.
    There's really nothing as funny as getting a headshot with a shotgun and the head (and a random arm) goes one way and the body another.
    I really shouldn't find that kind of decimation funny (slight sociopathic tendencies maybe) but it just is.

2. 2133

2133 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Student
    Indonesia
  3. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I hear you rip. my problem was I started playing on a 4s and never played mc3, so I was still in a learning phase. During this phase all I did was play battle, try every different weapon and attachment, try different control layouts, learn all the maps and basically got my ass handed to me. I did manage to keep a 1.1 ratio which for a newbie I was Doing good. Now that I have everything dialed in I'm up to 1.55. But it's taking me forever because I had a lot of kills and deaths in my learning phase. Now ill go 26 and 3 and still my kd won't change and if I do it'll be by .1. I'm eager to start a new account cause I think I should be able to maintain a 2.0-2.5 ratio, but I'm just going to stick with this one and it'll just take longer.

4. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    #3584 k1lljoy_89, Jan 7, 2013

Yes. Yes it is.

You're not alone, I'm the guy who uses shotguns only for that reason. I hate the shotties but blowing people's limbs off is too damn fun.

5. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
  6. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #3586 Rip73, Jan 7, 2013
    Yeah I have another account that's at 3.8 k/d but trying to preserve the k/d takes a lot of the fun out of it.
    Once you're dialled in and know what you're at, its really easy to maintain that level. I think I made to rank 50 (over 40 anyway) on it but I realised my original account was just more fun because the k/d is irrelevant on it and you'll just be more daring and pull off some nice plays in it that you wouldn't do if stats were more important.
    My advice is stick with the one you have. 1.55 is very good on this game either way because surviving a match isn't easy by any means.
    I just found when you takes the stats focus out of it, you'll leap from balconies on to other players and knife em for example. You'll just be more adventurous with the movement system and strategies and just have more fun.
    The amount of times I've jumped on guys and knifed them is just too much fun to miss out by worrying you'll get it wrong and die (which I've also done many times).

Edit. And by the way I climbed from about a 1.5 to 2.48 (or whatever its at now) on my original account anyway so a second k/d to get to 2/2.5, I don't think you'll need.

7. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I actually play a lot of custom matches and goof there and not ranked. I know so many secrets on this game. One day I'll make a huge things you didnt know about mc4-post.

8. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Or you could just do it now.

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Cool secrets bro.

10. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Lol.

11. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Laugh all you want, but it's actually really nice to just explore the maps and find some secret holes in walls where you can hide etc.

Anyway, played with SxC_Joker, number one on leaderboard with that skill level... You need some serious hours to put into the game to get to number one with his skills... He went 28-14 against my 23-9... And he even had two kamikaze guys on his team who kept killing me with their launchers(both type). I'll post pic too.

Also, one of his teammates and I knifed each others at EXACT same time and both of us knifed each others and died... Wtf?!??

12. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Finally you've come to your senses. Manhunt is awesome.

13. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    It was my favorite mode in Mc3 but I hated team manhunt so I didn't really bother with this one (team)

14. milnic

milnic Member

Dec 23, 2012
    What do you thing about second mission in Single? Easy? Hard?

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #3595 JBRUU, Jan 7, 2013
    You mean serious lack of things to do. Anyone at the top of an FPS leaderboard has to much time on their hands. Divide the hours spent ingame on his profile by the number of days the game has been out...that's a ridiculous amount of time.

The game's been out a month and the guy has spent an average of 7.8 hours per day playing it. I'm sorry but that's just to much time playing video games.

16. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    And I thought my 6.2 hours was bad.

Jk. More like 1.4

17. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yeah. I feel sorry for him... Wonder what his parents are thinking? Wonder what everyone who knows him is thinking? My parents would be worried about my health and would do something about it, because they already are worried about me now when I spend 1-2 hours a day. He's played over half the amount that I have and my parents already are worried. I did stop playing as much now that holiday is over.

18. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    He's playing 55 hours a week. That's a workweek right there.

Wonder of he eats or goes to the bathroom at all :p

19. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    Wow I mean that's a lot for a game.

7.8?!?!

20. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Mine is 1.06 per day. I'd prefer it lower, though. I'm trying to cut back on gaming as much as possible.