Best Brick Breaker game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by monkeys37, Oct 23, 2009.

1. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    You can turn down the blur in The Magic Blackboard in the options menu. This is still my favorite breakout game on my iPod. (Sometimes I think the black & white version is better though...)

Jet Ball is the other breakout game that lives on my iPod. :)

2. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Among those listed take care that I haven't tried the full iphone version of SuperBall 3 which has perhaps no or much less fps problems. About this, I didn't mention but I tried the HD version after a fresh hardware restart of the ipad and with no Safari window opened, but there's perhaps something wrong in my ipad and I'm not sure this fps problem of HD version is standard.

Even with Goyness at lowest the game is still very blurry on an ipad and it hurts the eyes. The Black & White version is looking nice but it's just another way to offer a demo and it's not fully functional unlike Paper Breaker (which isn't purely black&white). It would be great to have an ipad version fixing this.

I wonder if the paid additional pack worth it, I finished it and was wondering, ha well the price is low and I suppose I'll try by myself a day, for now I play some other or could certainly replay some parts. Myself I think, not sure, that in a similar approach I would prefer SuperBall 3 if it hadn't fps problems.

3. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I tried the lite for Radial last night, I quite like it. I'd like to be able to touch anywhere on the screen and have my paddle go there though.

4. camihq

camihq Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Finland
    Jet ball.
    im not tried yet anything else,
    but i enjoy playing jet ball.

5. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I've gone through the thread and got some cool lite versions to play, so thanks for that guys!

P.S - Holy crap @ joelmejiaganan's list. :D

6. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    jet ball, I've played all the level packs 4 times or more! it's amazing!
    I've tried also with fast ball option, but it was frustrating, I didn't manage to survive a minute lol...but u can try it if u want a real challenge.
    I also have other brick breaker games: block breaker deluxe 2, 3d brick breaker revolution, arkanoid and bricks of camelot...anyway I continue to prefer jet ball :)

7. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Weird is there 2 Jet Ball? I don't have any option for difficulty of ball speed. It's 1.5 option that I got only few days ago. Now there's a 1.5.1 but not free anymore.

You played the additional paid pack(s)? How good they are in comparison with embedded levels?

8. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

The brick breakers put out by Taito and Donut games raw my two favorites.

9. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I really like Brick Breaker Deluxe 2.

10. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Peggle - if it counts.

11. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    reBounce, if peggle counts xD

12. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
  13. mobilebreak

mobilebreak Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Mobile Break Free is a retro style arcade game for those who enjoy a simple game with simple sounds and graphics. The object of Mobile Break is to clear each level by knocking out all the bricks in each of the colored bands at the top of the sc[​IMG]reen.

14. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    #34 Qordobo, Jul 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
    After to have buy Paper Breaker my feeling is hugely different. The full version is universal alas the iPad version is full of flaws.

First point is the play area is only half the screen making it a lot smaller than the ipod lite doubled. The second point is that there's ton of bugs of menus collapsing above each other. The third point is it crash each time you record you final score. The fourth point is the ugliest it is a lot more difficult up to be boring because, it is a lot faster and no option can change that and the overall design is a crap, for example in iphone version the larger pad makes sense covering an important part when in ipad it is close to be pointless. One more port to ipad badly done.

15. Phrst

Phrst Member

Dec 31, 2009
    Moscow
    Jet Ball HD Premium is available (iPad)

All level packs are included in premium version!

16. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Didn't notice this release, ha today. :) I haven't yet bought all level pack in iPhone version, 2 if I remember well. I hope it hasn't any framerate problems like HD version of SuperBall 3. Going pick it.

My current favorites:
    • Circuloid + Block Breaker Deluxe 2
    • Brickadelic + Ricochet Infinity
    • Enchanted Forest + Arkanoid
    • Jet Ball
    • Quadnoid + Bricks of Camelot + Splash Duel
    • Coconoid + SuperBall 3 + Breakspin
    • Meteor + Radial 50 + 3D Brick Breaker Revolution 2

17. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    In ios4.2 try open option screen makes the game quit. But I could played levels fine. This Jet Ball HD Premium seems quite good, it looks good, no frame rate problems (only 3 level packs played), good controls, and the level packs are included which is a good idea.

18. gfxdaddy

gfxdaddy Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Male
    Illustrator | Web | Graphic | Digital Publishing D
    London, UK
    Best breakout game I've EVER played (and I've played a lot) was on Windows Mobile 6, called Bust'Em (and it's sequel Bust'Em2) by Digital Concepts. That game is, till this day, the best. I wish they'd release it on iPhone.

19. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    I had made a hardware shutdown like 15mn before because of another game so I didn't bother do one more. But after another Hardware shutdown this problem with the options disappeared.

There's a PC version I played a little and it didn't appeal me much. But the commands was with keys only this didn't help me enjoy it, and perhaps this PC version is less good, it seems quite old, but probably a quick dirty port of and older mobile version.

For other Brick Breaker not on idevice that I played I noticed Reaxxion, Shatter, BreakQuest.

And I noticed some I haven't tried yet, Arkanoid 2, PaperBall (now available free), ZombieBall, Little Gods, Funkiball Adventure, Acky's XP Breakout, Rival Ball Tournament.

20. gfxdaddy

gfxdaddy Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Male
    Illustrator | Web | Graphic | Digital Publishing D
    London, UK
    I played the PC version and it wasn't as good an experience. On a touchscreen it was great. The powerups are some of the most ridiculous ever in a breakout game. Of course, this was on Windows Mobile 5 originally, so if they were releasing it on current devices the graphics would see an upgrade.