Mille Bornes vs 1000 Bornes?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TraceyC/FL, Jun 19, 2011.

1. TraceyC/FL

TraceyC/FL Active Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Is this just a screw up in the store?

One is $2.99 one is $6.99 and labeled HD (the 1000 Bornes one).

I just bought the $2.99 version and it says it is universal, plays full screen on the iPad and um, so why would i spend $4 more??

The AI seems more realistic than the other version I have, Mile By Mile, but i like the format of that one better.

Anyway, I'm guessing that someone uploaded the wrong file for the $2.99 one? guess i need to make sure i save a copy of it.... But I took a screen shot, I bought a universal app....

2. cjoshuav

cjoshuav Member

Jun 13, 2010
    We would need to download both on a 4 and screenshot them to see if the HD uses higher resolution art.

3. TraceyC/FL

TraceyC/FL Active Member

Jan 13, 2010
    #3 TraceyC/FL, Jun 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
    Honestly, I can't see in this type of game anything more than I have making a difference!

It's fun, and was worth $2.99 for me, but I wouldn't have paid $6.99 for the iPad version if that is how it turns out to be. That is just too much for a card game, no matter how many retro feelings it brings out in me!

I haven't been following games recently - and only saw this as I went to delete the appshopper new game feed without reading them, is that a new thing... Having a universal app and then an HD version with better graphics?

4. Pushda

Pushda Active Member

Nov 10, 2010
    I really want to know the difference, too, before I buy. This is one of my all-time favorite games. I just don't want to spend $5 more if the difference is minimal.

Someone please advise...

5. Rixx

Rixx Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    College Instructor
    Longview, Texas
    File sizes are the same too.....

Rixx

6. TraceyC/FL

TraceyC/FL Active Member

Jan 13, 2010
    I'm going to stick with an upload mistake.

If i were you, and wanted it for the iPad I'd grab the cheaper version today - because my gut says it will go away at any moment. But I'm not exactly sure how Apple will deal with that - has it happened before?

I'm not at my computer so I don't think I tis easy to check - but i wonder what it is like in other countries? It should at least be on sale in France too, since it appears to be a a french company that designed it.

The icons are the same for both versions, but only matches the HD version name. Which I find odd that it is named differently anyway, I don't think the 1000 Bornes name is common in the US.

Basically, I went to the computer and downloaded it there, and copied the IPA file somewhere else to have in case it goes somewhere.

Skipping the cut scenes would be nice, but overall it really is fun! (especially since none of my kids will play with me, but playing over the net would be nice because then i could play with my dad).

I could probably convince DD to play with me to try multi-player, but she has a school deadline today she must meet.

overall, seriously, I can't see paying the $6.99, and I don't have an iPhone to check the resolution on....

7. tangerine

tangerine Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I love this game. I spent hours playing this in college whenever I needed an excuse not to study. The price is now $0.99 for what was $2.99 last night but it still says it's universal.

8. TraceyC/FL

TraceyC/FL Active Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Seriously? 99 cents now???

Blast. I want a refund.... They haven't even hit my debit card yet!

9. tangerine

tangerine Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I've learned to wait a few days when a game like this is over $0.99. I feel for you....

10. TraceyC/FL

TraceyC/FL Active Member

Jan 13, 2010
    I normally do wait.... But the fact that there were the 2 versions I caved. That and I have quiet time today because the kids went to their dad's.

I hate the game of pricing like this..... I guess I can go update my review and blast them for it! LOL!! I did send an email to iTunes. The whole thing I guess just reeks of a new dev mucking it up, which is what i said in the email to iTunes.

Sigh..... Oh well, it is still fun to play - and they better not take the universal aspect away. Or I will get Ugly!

11. Pushda

Pushda Active Member

Nov 10, 2010
    Just bought for $.99. We will see how I like it...