New Developer on the block - Pixeleap

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Pixeleap, May 5, 2011.

1. Pixeleap

Pixeleap Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Denmark
    Hi everyone here at the TA Forum :)

We are a new indie startup called Pixeleap and we are based in Denmark.

The company consists of 3 guys with great passion for both playing and making games. Making games for iOS that is.

We have been watching TA for some time and have finally decided to join in and we would like to say hello to everyone and if possible hear from you all if you have any good tips when starting out on this forum.

Obviously we want to talk about our game and show our progress, but we wanted to say hello first and get comfortable with the forum.

We are interested in hearing from you how you go about posting information about your games, what do you find is a 'must have' in an announcement post and what do you feel is the best way to get testers interested in your games.

We have some ideas, but it is our experience that all forums work in different ways, so we are very interested in the opinion of you more experienced users :)

Thank you for your time

Peter

www.Pixeleap.com

2. dreadwench

dreadwench Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Hi Peter, good luck.

3. NickFalk

NickFalk Well-Known Member

Velkommen!

4. Pixeleap

Apr 7, 2011
    Denmark
    Thank you guys :)

5. MrLeQuack

MrLeQuack Well-Known Member

Welcome to your new obsession!

6. Pixeleap

Apr 7, 2011
    Denmark
    hehe thank you ;)

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm no developer, but I've read a lot of game announcements and the best ones are the ones that actually give us some information. Don't announce your game too soon, if you don't have any artwork or a video to show off people will find it hard to get excited because at that point all they have is your word. As soon as you can prove you've actually got something interesting to share people will respond positively and are less likely to forget about it.

If you're starting a new game and absolutely can't keep it to yourself but aren't ready to make a new topic about it, just mention it subtly in another conversation somewhere, or find a topic with people talking about games in the same genre and mention you're working on one.

8. Pixeleap

Apr 7, 2011
    Denmark
    Hi MidianGTX,

Thank you very much for your insight, this is excactly what we are looking for :)

We are curently working on a game that is nearing its beta phase, and this is very helpful information for when we are going to announce it

Peter

9. pchukwura

pchukwura Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Co-Founder/Software Engineer
    Atlanta
    Welcome! I hope to see some nice games from you and your company...i always like seeing new indie shops enter the scene.

10. Pixeleap

Apr 7, 2011
    Denmark
    Hi Pchukwura,

Thank you for the warm welcome :)

we will do our very best to live up to those expectations :)

Peter

11. Gaining feedback on games / video

Hi Everyone,

First time developer, first time on this forum. I'm a British developer living in Canada.

Just a quick question. I've recently put a Lite version of a word game I've been developing called "Stacword" on the app store and a video on youtube. I'm wanting to start a thread to gain some feedback. Where is the best place to put it on this site?

Many thanks

12. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany

http://forums.toucharcade.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2

where every other iphone release go (assuming its for the iphone)

13. Thanks, much appreciated.

14. Sorry, about this. I'm trying find out to show a youtube video on here as it only shows the url and not the video to click on. If someone could point me in the right direction, that would be great. In the meantime, I'll keep looking etc.

Thanks

15. Pixeleap

Apr 7, 2011
    Denmark
    Hi BlueSpiral,

I am not sure how you would do it, but I would suggest opening up a relevant thread as for it instead of using this one ;)

that being said, good luck in here :)

Peter

16. #16 BlueSpiral, May 9, 2011
    Last edited: May 9, 2011
    Hi,

Sorry about that, didn't mean to take over or anything. First time on forums. Good luck to you as well. Just thought their may be something useful in my question that fellow newbie's could benefit from. :)

Just an FYI incase you need it. Video's apparently use BB codes on here eg "[youtube]" that allow you to share your promotional media.

I guess I could have said Hello, a little bit better!!!!.

17. Big Ideas

Big Ideas Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2010
    MD of Instant Games. Designer of Instant Hero.
    London
    Hi Pixeleap! Like your website - game's looking great!