High Moon - sci-fi/fantasy Western, turn-based magic dueling, Q1 2014

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Bronxsta, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#1 Bronxsta, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
    **Not the dev, saw this on Pocket Gamer**
    ---
    High Moon is a sci-fi / Western turn-based duelling game with an eye-catching magic show

IndieDB Page | Facebook | Twitter

2. Bronxsta

New screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Woah... Looks sexy. Nice find Bronxsta!

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Agreed! Those visuals man...

5. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Yea very nice artwork!

6. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Like this game artstyle, it look really fantastic.

7. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Great visual, still not understand how gameplay it is

8. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    #Sword&Sworcery #legacy AMIRITE?

9. MikeNintendo

MikeNintendo Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Lol, was just thinking about making a game combining western and magic a few weeks ago, and than i saw this :)

10. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    A great artwork. Like it too much.

11. ssgibson

ssgibson Member

Feb 2, 2014
    I'm Alive!!

Hey all!

I'm the creator of High Moon, just getting around to this thread now. Thanks for all the kind words :)

How about some new art?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Remember to check out our official page over at IndieDB:

http://www.indiedb.com/games/high-moon

12. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    THIS LOOKS AWESOME!!!! Release date?!

13. ssgibson

ssgibson Member

Feb 2, 2014
    That is a great question! I'm not sure yet, but I can definitely say ASAP!

14. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Haha can't wait! I gotta say, the visuals in this are spectacular

15. crimsondivine

crimsondivine Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2013
    #15 crimsondivine, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
    This looks gorgeous! A few questions though; when you cast a spell (let's use water as an example) is the spell you cast randomized or is there a list you choose from? Cause I saw multiple spells for each element in the trailer.

Also, free, freemium, or premium? Crossing my fingers for premium. Please no major IAPs. And if you need any best testers hit me up :p.

16. ssgibson

ssgibson Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Well i'm glad everyone thinks it looks gorgeous! I suppose I haven't really explained what makes the gameplay great.

The trailer is just edited to be flashy.

Each player has access to all 6 elements (fire, earth, water, ice, air, lightning). Each element can be used ONCE per "round". They can either be used offensively or defensively (choose wisely).

When used defensively, you will become vulnerable to certain elements and also block against others.

For example: Using "Ice" shield will make you vulnerable to water attacks (meaning they do double damage), it also heals you 1 HP, and blocks against Earth, Fire and Lightning.

The reason I haven't released the rules for each element and how exactly it all plays out is because that's my secret sauce. I've spent many hours perfecting the balance of the game and strategy.

As for Beta Testers, I will be looking for some when our next build is ready (when will it be ready? ask my programmer :p )

It will be premium. One flat fee and it's all yours. Hopefully we'll be able to create a "demo" or "lite" version for those who want to try it out before they buy the full game. The game doesn't lend itself to IAPs well, I created the game to be fun, not to make me money. (though I'm hoping it makes me a little!!!)

Any other questions??? Keep em comin'!

I'd also love for everyone to read our character narratives and comment on them over at indieDB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/high-moon/news

17. crimsondivine

crimsondivine Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2013

Sounds amazing! Instant buy for me! (Btw I have your indiedb in a permanent separate window that I refuse to close :D) As soon as you do need testers though hit me up :cool: I'm still extremely interested in the gameplay, it's very unique! And that guy commenting on your IDB was a total d-bag. Don't worry, your game is nothing like his and that's coming from someone who evaluated from both sides.

18. ssgibson

ssgibson Member

Feb 2, 2014
    I appreciate that! He caused a lot of unneeded stress, that's for sure! More so for my programmer than myself.

I think it's fairly obvious how different the games are. Either way, I think the man has moved on now.

It's just me, a programmer, and two sounds guys, working on High Moon. But not much has happened the last two months because the programmer, James, left for England during the holidays, then had to work on becoming a citizen of Canada, get a steady job...etc etc. Been about two months now without any real development programming wise.

But I suppose it gives me time to develop the story and art. I almost feel like it's best just to bottle a lot of content up until I can do a giant reveal and start the kickstarter. What do you think?

19. Bronxsta

What game was being compared?

20. ssgibson

ssgibson Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Shaman by High Iron Studios. http://highironstudios.com/plagiarism/

That's a link to where they posted that we copied them. I have no issue sharing it with people as I know I didn't copy them.

As a disclaimer, there is misinformation in their post.