iPad 99 Rockets

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Itatake, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Itatake

Itatake Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Game concepts
    Sweden, Göteborg
    #1 Itatake, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    A super casual game with super unusual features!

[​IMG]

In our (Itatake) new game 99 Rockets we have tried to make an unique and minimalistic beautifully crafted game with a combination of well balanced sounds and music to create a Zen-like atmosphere. 99 Rockets is something very rare, a super casual game that you can actually beat! It’s quite simple. You’ve got 99 Rockets. There are 99 targets. Hit them all and you beat the game. Hitting the targets on the other hand is a true challenge and when you turn on Master Mode there are only a few percentages in the world that can pull it off.

99 Rockets will launch the 26th of November on Apple’s App Store and will be free to play.

We have a few promo codes left:

7966TTANTH7P
    PW9NF39RA393
    XN6N64M7MPYX
    HFA33MN3A73X
    LK3JHRMTTWPX

Please Play and tell us what you think :)

Mattias

2. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2010
    #2 JoshW, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    This looks really cool & beautiful. I got code PW9NF39RA393. Thanks very much!

I'll report as soon as I've played.

EDIT: Wow!!! This is a perfect game: beautiful stylish graphics, wonderful music and really inventive, fun & challenging gameplay & physics. A real winner! Thanks again for the code!

3. warcrack

warcrack Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    TA
    Took:HFA33MN3A73X.Thanks.All others used

4. Itatake

Mar 7, 2012
    Game concepts
    Sweden, Göteborg
    Thank you JoshW! Makes me all warm inside :)

5. Itatake

Mar 7, 2012
    Game concepts
    Sweden, Göteborg
    Thank you for the heads up warcrack :) I'm going to check if we have any more promo codes to spare.

6. applicattura

applicattura Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2015
    I really like the minimalism :) How much time did you spend to make this game :)?

7. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Thank you! Took LK3JHRMTTWPX.

8. Itatake

Mar 7, 2012
    Game concepts
    Sweden, Göteborg
    Thank you applicattura :)

Time we spent on this game is insane! It could have been done in a month (code, visuals and music) but life sometimes gives you interesting hurdles to jump... 99 Rockets have been in the making for two years! But at last (26 nov) it will be released, and that feels great :)

9. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    All codes have been redeemed.

Looks like a fun, unique and minimalistic game. Good luck!

10. FlyABB

FlyABB New Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Europe
    Hello Mattias,

Thank you for the promo codes. I've played your game and have the following feedback.

Pros:
    - Great idea and execution thereof. Well done overall!
    - The sounds nicely define the atmosphere of the game.
    - I like the idea of the Master Mode after completing the normal mode in terms of replay value and challenging gameplay.
    - In terms of monetization I believe watching an incentivized video in order to save your progress is a good idea with value to both you and the user.

Cons:
    - It was not immediately apparent that you had multiple chances to fire your rockets. I initially thought that you would need to fire them all before they left the screen. This is not a big issue though.
    - The number of interruptive video ads is way too high. I could only play two to three times before another non-skippable video showed up. I think you should definitely consider lowering the frequency to prevent annoyance and/or allow to skip these videos or show a non-video interstitial instead.
    - In addition, when an interruptive video has shown and when I would like to save my progress, I would (again) need to watch the incentivized video. This is a bit too much as well as that as a user you might erroneously think that you have already gone through the steps to save your progress whilst this is not the case. Perhaps you can make it so that when the interstitial video ad completed fully, the game's progress can be save 'for free'.

Best regards,
    Ramon

11. Itatake

Mar 7, 2012
    Game concepts
    Sweden, Göteborg
    I'm delighted that you like 99 Rockets FlyABB and thank you for your great feedback both the Pros and the Cons. We are going to think through the flow of video ads again.

12. Itatake

Mar 7, 2012
    Game concepts
    Sweden, Göteborg
    Anyone else with Promo Code (nicely done FlyABB) that managed to beat 99 and switch to Master Mode? And how far can you go in Master Mode? I'm guessing that only about 5% in the world can beat the Master Mode. I'm close but have not managed it yet (but at least I've got the Sword rocket)!

https://youtu.be/LWZYFNX3VF4?t=32