My iCade arrived! Post here if you got one too.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Chocolate, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    #1 Chocolate, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
    So my iCade just arrived a little while ago. :D

It was easy to assemble, and my iPad 2 (black 64GB WiFi) is sitting inside, downloading the full Atari pack.

Looks nice. Controls seem good. Should be fun. Can't wait for some other apps to start supporting the iCade! Shoot-em-ups should be especially fun. If anyone else got, or gets, their iCade, post here about it! I'll try to post photos later on.

DEVELOPERS: please let me know if your game will add iCade support! I will BUY games that I can play on this!

2. Chocolate

Jan 10, 2010
    No one else on TouchArcade has an icade? :( :confused:

*sigh* Well I still have hope this thing gets support from more apps.

3. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Looks cool! Hows has it been so far? The only problem i see is that you might have to play standing up.

I found it worth mentioning that the review TA posted a while ago mentioned that Manomio confirmed upcoming support for C64. I dont know if they ever did or not but might be worth checking out.

Hope you enjoy it!

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I don't have an iPad, let alone an iCade... currently I feel they'd be a waste of my money, but I can't deny that if I actually had that much money to spare, they'd make an awesome geek toy.

Any idea if the new Galaga collection supports it? That's probably my favourite retro remake so far, the quality of that app is insane.

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Certainly wishlisted, but as we don't have an iPad yet... :(

I'll console myself with the fact that I got a Synthstation 25 for my birthday and that I've already got four arcade cabinets in the garage. ;) (My Atari 2600 still works, too! :D)

6. SirAwesome

May 20, 2010
    Im personally pumped for onlive coming to ipad in the fall. As soon as they release a controller that's compatible with the ipad ill buy it.

7. apester

apester Active Member

Dec 8, 2010
    IT Consultant
    i've got one...its really cool but I probably should have waited until the API was released...it really needs more games that support it and plenty of developers seem willing.

8. Chocolate

Jan 10, 2010
    Agreed. The Atari collection is ironic, because none of the Atari arcade games were really meant for the Street Fighter style controls setup on the iCade. And the old Atari 2600 games kinda suck, aside from the nostalgia.

SHMUP devs seriously need to support this thing. Cave support alone would make this worth owning.

9. SirAwesome

May 20, 2010
  10. mcGator

mcGator Member

Apr 4, 2011
    CEO
    Washington, DC
    #10 mcGator, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
    Father's Day

The family has gotten me one for Father's Day. Because I had to see if it was working I played with it a bit. Lots of fun and very stable. Hopefully, we'll see Galaga, Space Invaders, and the various versions of Pac-Man on it soon from the developers.

11. SirAwesome

May 20, 2010
    Thats a nice fathers day present ! Nothing like a family that understands your app addicition :)

12. apester

apester Active Member

Dec 8, 2010
    IT Consultant
    Awesome..cant wait for the Amiga app...anyone hear any hints of what games might be available for it?...please say Killing Game Show and Shadow of the Beast. :)

13. apester

apester Active Member

Dec 8, 2010
    IT Consultant
    Heck i'd be happy if I could just get support for the platformers...but yea cave support would be awesome...don don pachi would be awesome...i'd love to see SFIV or the new mortal kombat game get icade support...as it is I dont buy them because on screen controls and fighting games just dont work well for me, but I'd buy them all if I could use a proper joystick and buttons.

14. Solid Snake Man

Solid Snake Man Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    EMT/Instrumentalist
    Sacramento, CA
    Is there a list of games that support the iCade at this point?

15. RCranium666

RCranium666 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    The ipad is worth having just to run imame4all on. You just have to jailbreak it.

16. marc-bjango

marc-bjango Active Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Lead Designer & Director at Bjango
    Melbourne, Australia
    Chaos Engine would be GREAT, as would IK+, Rick Dangerous etc. So many great Amiga games that would play well with the iCade. Xenon II? Speedball?

I'm definitely buying Manomio's Amiga emulator.

—

I have just received my iCade. We're adding support to our new game.

17. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011