Other tools to find sales numbers?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by BazookaTime, Sep 10, 2011.

1. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

#1 BazookaTime, Sep 10, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
    Just wondering if there are any tools out there that will show global sales/rank of an app. I am starting to use appannie and of course the mobile tracker and itunes connect but are there any other/better reports out there?

2. Therealtrebitsch

Therealtrebitsch Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
  3. nickcaveman

nickcaveman Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    illustrator and graphic-designer
    bremen/germany
    #3 nickcaveman, Sep 10, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
    i like to use the tool majicrank. you can watch your app and the ranks as often as you want to. (not only once a day).
    you just see the rank, not the sales, but with some experience, you know, what a jump to rank 5 in bahrain means (1 sale ;) ).

another good website is applyzer.com .

ps.: regarding appfigures.com. call me paranoid, but i really don´t want to give my itunesconectpassword to anybody… ("Please enter the Apple ID and password of the iTunes Connect account you'd like to sync with.")

4. Therealtrebitsch

Mar 2, 2010
    You can make a new user for iTunes Conenct for the "Finance" (only view) role and give that access to Appfigures. That is how I made it (and how they ask for it) and I use them almost 3 years and nothing happened.

If there were something wrong, I can just delete that user access and they don't see anything anymore.

They also can't see your iTunes Connect data, because they don't really know your password. Passwords are encoded in databases, so they can only import the files, that iTunes is sending them. They can't actually log in to iTunes manually with your account.

5. Emeric

Emeric Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2010
    If you don't know this website, it's pretty sweet:
    http://xyologic.com/Default.aspx
    According to charts and others factors, they get an estimation of numbers of downloads for each game. Even if it's 80% accurate, it's still interesting

6. Santillo

Santillo Well-Known Member

May 3, 2011
    Cool & useful!

It seems really cool & useful. But not updated (Provide last month's data but not current or daily).

7. blitter

blitter Well-Known Member

Also that site is mixing up free and paid sales. Plus yes not updating, even the price after many days.

8. Therealtrebitsch

Mar 2, 2010
    It is absolutely useless. Not even 80% accurate.

The numbers are not even near the actual numbers.

Our game Alpine Crawler was downloaded over 3 million times since release, but that site recognizes "only" 1,4 million downloads.

9. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

You are already giving it to your OS developer, to your browser developer, your ISP, etc...