App Rejected by Apple: AppRelease - App release date tracking tool

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by stlau, Jul 30, 2009.

1. stlau

stlau Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    #1 stlau, Jul 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
    Every developer knows the fact that you can modify the release date to the current date in 24 hours after your Apps passing Apple’s review. This make your Apps appear in the first page in App Store and increase the chance to sell your App.

I wrote a small tool - AppRelease to track my apps release status and remind me to modify the release date once my apps is ready for sale. Here is the introduction:

A useful tool for Developer to track your Apps release status. Developers can record when the Apps are submitted to App Store for reviewing and estimate when the Apps will be available for sale.

Key features:
    - Tracking all Apps release status
    - Sorting by submitted date
    - Customize estimated review days
    - Re-sorting the app list by shaking your device

Unfortunately I will never be permitted to sell this app on App Store because “There is no publicly available infrastructure to support application release information”.

Now I would like to share the source code with ones who have interest in it (here). Thanks! Donation will be greatly appreciated!

2. RobCRX

RobCRX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Student
    NY
    It sounds like a good tool for any developer...but commercial users have no need for it.

3. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Wow, thanks... so could I check when Gang$tar by Gameloft has been Submitted? And what staus it's at (like approval process, release etc.)?

4. slipster216@gmail.com

[email protected] Active Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Game Developer
    Boston, mass
    The feature you really need is one that automatically updates all listings in the app store to today's date, that way you can just run the thing every morning and know your set..