Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. JediKnight

JediKnight Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    Clarification, I have and use trinity but I also have nova at long range, fully upgraded.

2. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    #5002 JediKnight, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
    Agreed but... They are missing a few weapons. 15 weapons missing...

3. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    #5003 JediKnight, Aug 7, 2012
    Wait, why is pheonix all the rage? :confused: Aren't they 60hp per kill?

Edit: Yep it is 60HP per kill.

4. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    yeah having only top weapons is annoying for our target: the starters...

5. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    #5005 undead.exe, Aug 7, 2012
    Just saw that you caught on to what I said in my original post. I don't think that particular page is designed for beginners: judging from the weapons chosen, it's more a list of the ultimate mithril and gold weapons in each class for players seeking endgame weapons. I suspect they left out the calculations for the remaining weapons because that just increases the amount of clutter on the page, when it's meant to be easy on the eyes (which was why I liked that website so much).

6. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    It was all the rage before because it was the only armour which offered any regenerative capabilities at all. Given how much 60HP is worth in PvP, Phoenix users were absolutely monstrous when they were equipped with Trinities in the old days.

That's part of what made the Nova glitch so important - it was the only real possible way for non-mithril players to take out mithril players back when it was even harder to farm.

7. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    NOOOOWWWWW I understand. Thanks, and wow, that must have sucked back then.:(

8. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    Well its wierd because it seemed random, they had cutter but not passer.... So it isn't just "endgame" weapons...

9. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Again: "strongest weapons purchaseable by gold and mithril in each category". The Passer is a mithril blade, which would immediately be surpassed by the Windblade. The power difference between the Cutter and the Windblade is ridiculous, but the whole table followed the same system all the way through.

In other news: I just went and tried my new set-up in two PvP matches. While I'm nowhere near invincible, I think I really shouldn't use that on people I don't know, or I'm probably going to be labelled as a hacker and/or have my own hate club/blacklist soon.

(The following is not meant to be a brag about my own average-to-mediocre skill, but about the sheer monstrosity of the RPG combo)

To illustrate my point: I went into one room and nearly single-handedly turned the tide, if it weren't for the fact that the other team only needed to kill me once to finish the match off. In the second room I joined, it was literally me on my own against four other players: A Perseus (Sniper/Nova), a hybrid with a Perseus Head (Trinity/Nova), and two weaker armour users. They all left after I racked up 10 kills on my own, and I didn't die (though I came close to it - that HYD-00-IX bag really helps o___O).

Anyway...what I mean to say here is, if I ever play against any of you in PvP, and you REALLY don't want me using the RPG combo after seeing what it does, please let me know, and I'll most likely follow your request. I'm not sure I'm going to be bringing this out even in random PvP matches now, unless I'm feeling evil enough to sign on as a guest >.>

10. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    #5010 JediKnight, Aug 7, 2012
    Wow. That happened to me(same stats) with cyngi users and people I do actually fear. I WANT you to use that combo, because this time I won't let you get in close range. >.< Someone had the same combo except no trinity and instead of the 280 mithril weapon they used the other RPG. The Black Stars was still there, they had hfull cyngi except thunder hands, killed him with nova... Gonna try and do that to you!!!!

You are pretty much the only person I fear, now that Superion isn't here. :(

11. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    #5011 undead.exe, Aug 7, 2012
    Wait, you encountered another player who thought of the RPG combo?

...oh boy, we are going to rocket hell =.="

Yeah, if you know that a Cygni user has that combo, don't fight them at close range -- unless they stuff up, they will easily overpower you. The opponents I fought were smart enough to try and gun me down from a distance too, which is why the Nova will always have a place in my bag.

By the way, did I mention that the HYD bag you were testing is a monster of its own? I can feel my weapons being noticeably weaker, but the regeneration and damage negation is pretty darned useful. Now I need to weigh up whether it's worth the loss in speed and power...

----------------

I might switch the RPG combo for some other stuff soon. It's deadly at close range, but it's taking up a few weapon slots which may potentially allow for some other nasties too...

12. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    It still has +15% power, and I still have 1.5 power and speed 7 with trinity, speed 8 with nova, for me 8 is good and 7 is for close range so no need for much moving. The only long range combat that I know is really just nova...

13. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Oh wait...now I know why I found the HYD bag awkward: it deprived me of TWO speed points relative to the STK. That allowed me to take quite a few hits and recover, but it's diminishing my ability to chase people down.

Basically, when you were helping me out the other day, I was running around with 9 speed -- and that's with my heaviest RPG out. Combined with the damage being done, you kinda see why I've grown quite fond of this little set-up? :p

That being said, I've got just about no power on any other weapons, which was part of the reason for my original hit-and-run playstyle. Like I said before, it's quite easy to kill me -- you just have to stop me from fighting in my comfort zone and surprise me, and I'll be (un)dead before you know it >.>

14. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    Did I mention that in PvP my hybrid is
    Perseus chest and feet
    Thunder hands
    Pegasus head, basically just switched my feet around.

Guess what just happened to me that hasn't happened in a while.:( Died in PvP. This is the second time I died with the pack, not very many is it?

Heres how it happened, I was in kill house yhe narrow corridor with a sniper sniping me. He missed twice when I pulled out the trinity and he finally hit me, and I was immune. Killed him and then got sniped by him a while later. He missed once, then I turned around and got sniped and finished off by his windblade.

15. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    There's a particular trade-off with the bag that I've been quite aware of. In exchange for its regenerative capabilities and the chance to negate the damage taken from a hit, you lose:

• The mobility which would have allowed you to run for cover, or chase someone else down and finish him off before he can regroup and attack you

• The extra power that would have helped you kill opponents quicker, thus reducing the amount of time they can damage you because they're...well, dead.

The bag is interesting, but it doesn't really suit my original playstyle. I've always been ready to die a few times in a PvP match, so long as I was able to amass more kills than the number of times I died. The bag will work well for you if you are patient enough to hide and regenerate your health, but you'd still need to be careful of players looking for you. In your particular case, I would suggest hiding behind a corner or a corridor, because you have a Trinity -- might as well be at your most dangerous if you don't want people to hunt you down :p

16. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    Yeah, the bag is different for m, see what it does for me is to be more aggresive. Why? Well I can regenerate afterwards, so my strategy is to take out the steong enemies and then regenerate, nothing else to do really. Let the weak ones find my in my corridor of death, after my approximate number of seconds I find my foes, with 1.5 power I can still overpower most of my enemies, resulting me having regenerate because every threat is dead. Thos is why I like the pack.

17. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    I might grind for it then because the trinity and RPGs way to expensive

18. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    I use it with trinity. So if you didn't have trinity it MIGHT not make you a terminator. But ifyou have windblade that is fine too.

19. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Yeah, I need a close ranged weapon besides the windblade. The energy glove is pretty good in PvP, but it's 180 mithril, still too much.

20. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    People are going to hate me for this but maybe morpheus? Very close range though.