APPShopper Mechanism question

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by amkalisa, Jun 26, 2011.

1. amkalisa

amkalisa Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    #1 amkalisa, Jun 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
    Hi,

I have a question/"problem not sure" with AppShopper. My game (Panda Escape) was released with $1.99, and have these doubts:

1- In first weekend, I dropped the price to $0.99, it appeared correctly with Price Drop. after a day, I returned the price to $1.99, it show price increase (is this correct, or it should not show increase because it is released with $1.99).

2- After another day, I dropped the price again to $0.99, it did not appear in the list "What's New", but If I search for it, it gives me Price Drop, but unable to find it in the "What's New List".

Is this normal, how frequently the APP shopper refresh the list of APPS, and how frequently the price drop should be in order to appear in APP Shopper in "What's New"

Thanks In Advance.

2. amkalisa

Dec 12, 2010
  3. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    1 is Okay. Thats the way its supposed to be.

Not sure why I cant see your app in price drop list though. There is a 'popular' filter for all appshopper lists. That works automatically and I wont be surprised if I dont see your app there. Appshopper must think your game is not popular enough. BUT, its still supposed to show the price drop in the "All" apps list. I dont know why its not there either. Might be a bug.

4. amkalisa

Dec 12, 2010

Thanks for the reply,

I agree with you regarding the Popular list, but at least it should appear in What's New List, Any idea whom to report this ?

Thanks in advance

5. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    sorry for the delayed response.

It's working as intended. If apps cycle in price over a short period of time, it won't reappear in the What's New list. This is to prevent spamming the stream.

arn

6. amkalisa

Dec 12, 2010
    Thank you arn, it is clear to me now.