NyxQuest & NyxQuest HD --> FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by iND, Dec 16, 2011.

1. iND

iND Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011

NyxQuest

Over the Top Games
    Experience the awesome story of Nyx, an enigmatic winged girl who has descended from heaven to search of her missing fri…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Experience the awesome story of Nyx, an enigmatic winged girl who has descended from heaven to search of her missing friend Icarus. Soar over the ruins of ancient Greece and avoid falling into blazing sands or perishing in the claws of cruel harpies and hydras in this unique platforming adventure. Summon the powers of Zeus and other benevolent Gods from Olympus to cast rays, modify the scenery and control winds at your wish... NyxQuest Highlights • Beautiful visuals bring the ruins of the ancient Greek world back to life in style. • Unique mixture of classic platforming and clever puzzles like nothing that you have played on the App Store. • Get engrossed in the world of Greek mythology and uncover the story behind Nyx. • Use the powers of Zeus to cast rays to move huge objects and solve tricky puzzles. • Avoid a myriad of obstacles from scorching sands to bottomless pits. • Destroy Hades’ minions that get in your way; crush enemies using the powers of the Gods.
    Information
    Seller:Over the Top Games
    Genre:Action, Adventure, Arcade
    Release:Aug 11, 2011
    Updated:Aug 10, 2021
    Version:1.91
    Size:208.6 MB
    User Rating: (9)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

NyxQuest HD

Over the Top Games
    Experience the awesome story of Nyx, an enigmatic winged girl who has descended from heaven to search of her missing fri…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $3.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Experience the awesome story of Nyx, an enigmatic winged girl who has descended from heaven to search of her missing friend Icarus. Soar over the ruins of ancient Greece and avoid falling into blazing sands or perishing in the claws of cruel harpies and hydras in this unique platforming adventure. Summon the powers of Zeus and other benevolent Gods from Olympus to cast rays, modify the scenery and control winds at your wish... NyxQuest HD Highlights • Beautiful high definition visuals bring the ruins of the ancient Greek world back to life in style. • Unique mixture of classic platforming and clever puzzles like nothing that you have played on the App Store. • Get engrossed in the world of Greek mythology and uncover the story behind Nyx. • Use the powers of Zeus to cast rays to move huge objects and solve tricky puzzles. • Avoid a myriad of obstacles from scorching sands to bottomless pits. • Destroy Hades’ minions that get in your way; crush enemies using the powers of the Gods.
    Information
    Seller:Over the Top Games
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Aug 11, 2011
    Updated:Mar 15, 2019
    Version:1.8
    Size:208.7 MB
    User Rating: (4)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. sampdx

sampdx Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Great game. Everyone should get it. :)

3. airdan

airdan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Belize
    Looks good, but what makes it great? Is it a platformer or those awful physics/puzzle games?

4. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    !!!!!

yes! i was going to buy this a few days ago but i held off... glad i did! :D

loved playing this on my Wii... hopefully iOS controls aren't that bad

5. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    It's a platformer, originally a Wii game, with lots of stuff that makes it different. You have to move the stuff around you to make it through the levels (weak explanation, but it's really amazing). For free...DOWNLOAD THIS NOW!

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I also had it on Wii. Great to have it on the go now. Curious to see how the controls work. Thanks for posting!

EDIT: Scratch that. Didn't realize it was 3GS and up so won't be taking it on the go. At least this time, I can't complain that I can't play it. But worth downloading if you have a newer device!

7. Junpei

Junpei Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Still not free on Italian store... or rather, it does appear as free, but when I try to download it shows the usual purchase confirmation box.
    So, I'm waiting some more to gift it to my girlfriend (I got it during a discounted sale), since I've liked it very much: fun, beautiful and suggestive, with some clever puzzles here and there. Everyone should get it, indeed! :)

8. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    beautiful platformer. i played the first 2 levels and enjoyed it much, especially the graphics! thanks all involved.

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    lmao! I bought this the day it was released...

I JUST finished it today... =oP

Too many games in progress on my device...

10. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Great game. Had fun with it on the iPod. Got the HD version for free, thanks.

11. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Same here, I'll have far too many games in going.

12. Ghouls'R'us

Ghouls'R'us Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Amazing game. My heart is broken at the news of Chillingo giving it away, but at least everyone can give it a try now, and experience some top platforming action.

13. DelBoy2181

DelBoy2181 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    I didn't know you were that emotional :p

14. Ghouls'R'us

Ghouls'R'us Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Devaluation depresses me :eek:

15. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Well, if it makes you feel better I paid like $10 for this on wii ware, as did many others. So putting it on iOS was probably like gravy (assuming the game turned a profit during its initial release).

16. drach

drach Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Unbelievable. Wasn't this in the top 10 not long ago? Another one to put on my list to play!

17. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Had this since day one and it is awesome. I hope everyone grabs it. The game itself is beautiful AND the controls are spot on.

18. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    A zen Platformer. Looks beautiful, especially on iPad. And the secrets that need to be found... they are realllllllly well hidden in most levels.

Great game.

19. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    I don't usually care that much when a game I buy goes free if the game was only 99c or had been on sale for 99c previosuly (nyxquest has)

I get more annoyed when a game I pay $10 or more for gets reduced to 99c
    Or if a game I pay around $5 for goes on sale less then a month later for 99c, like scribblenauts, world of goo and Edo town, to name a few.

But I guess a few people probably did pay full price for nyxquest, which is worthy of a little disappointment. But I think if you really enjoyed the game, it shouldn't matter, but if you paid top price for a game and it sucked..that's what's "heartbreaking"

I don't think I'll be picking this up,I like puszlers like a fat kid loves doritios, but the file size kinda killed my erection. And I watched a trailer and I really can't see many puzzle aspects..I saw shooting and I really dislike puzzle games involving shooting so I I'll give it a miss..

20. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    This is a platformer with light puzzle elements.