Issues with apps being modified message

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by orangecan, Feb 12, 2012.

1. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Does anybody know why there hasn't been more publicity or action from apple about the current issue with apps being modified? There are a number of discussion threads on apple support forums and the general theory is that this is happening to games when their price is modified for sale..... I currently get the problem with 90% of the games I'm trying to download.

If you contact apple customer support they deny there's an issue.

I know the gift app workaround does work but it's a right pain and it only works with paid apps....

This must be affecting sales, e.g. Sonic cd, seigecraft, gears have all been unavailable for at least 24 hours

2. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    This problem only happens when they modify their prices. The app will be available in 24 hours. Some just become available after a while. So just keep on trying every hour.

3. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work like that, it's been nearly 48 hours since sonic cd and siege craft, for example, went on sale and they're still being modified.... And some apps only go on sale for 24 hours. My point is that apple don't seem to be accepting there's a problem or letting people know about it. I've never seen this issue except on the very odd ocassion in 3 years of using the apps store

4. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Yeah its a pain, they obv arent addressing the situation
    Which is bad for sales an developers

5. trueblue

trueblue Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Please wait 1000000 minutes uploading info....
    Please wait 1000000 minutes uploading info....
    As a standard procedure apple customer care tells people to wait 72 hours when they keep getting:

Purchase of this item is not currently available.
    This item is being modified. Please try again later.

And today this morning 8 AM eastern time I am getting the following message when I try to download a free game:

Store Credit Unavailable
    Due to a problem with the iTunes Store, your store credit balance
    is temporarily unavailable for use in purchasing music; you may
    continue purchasing using a different method of payment.

There must be chaos going on those Apple servers, if by mistake they could credit me with 20000 in apple credits :D

6. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    It's pissing me off too.

There's 3 apps I have saved on my wishlist from Friday that I haven't been able to get including the Sudoku app that went to 99c. I also had trouble with 3 apps today that went free overnight, but I've been able to claim the overnight freebies in the past few minutes. Still no sign of the previous discounts wanting to be claimed.

I'm really hoping some progress is made to getting the issue fixed.

7. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    The Bomber Cat and Awesome Land developers had luck over coming the proce modification bug by raising then re-lowering their price. I am not 100% if that is a valid fix but something developers active in the community might try.

I feel like Apple should send me a credit for Crazy Hedgy, VR Missions, Cave Crawlers, etc...

8. jovike

jovike Active Member

I've read this elsewhere.

Currently AnyPlayerHD is "being modified" - it's been like this for 11 hours.

There was an app I wanted last week called 'Frederic - Resurrection of Music HD Complete' which was "being modified" for the whole three days it was on sale.