Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Rattler739

Rattler739 Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2012
    RAC
    Amelia OH USA
    Sry it did take me about ten or so tries but the fails we're only 5min or two hours but even with only ten fails it did not take long and then when I got them back to back (sandstorm the dodo) I was amazed cause I tried sandstorm and earth for months and at the time the fails earned me a lot of coin but had no success. Hope that combo works for u like it did me

2. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Girlpower, I was using a Chrome 10 & Earth 15 while switching positions FOREVER try for my second Dodo. Then I leveled up a new Chrome to barely 4 and threw it in with the 15 Earth on the right and BAM! success. Just a suggestion. ;)

Good luck to everyone in their Sakura quest before the 3rd!

3. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Crusty, these are great!!! Too funny! Here's my additions:
    Mine - grandfather
    Storm - movie star
    Iron - wrestler

4. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Mud - slob on a dole
    Sakura- Desperate Housewife
    Panlong- Plumber
    Sun- Some executive who things that sun shines out of his behind. In this case he is right.
    Rainbow - flaboyant participant of a Mardi Gras parade.
    Iron - thug with a "short man syndrome"
    Brass - politician

5. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Haha Crusty.....I like your way of thinking, clever aren't you! :D

6. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    ROFLMAO, love it! :D
    Thanks you lot, biggest laugh I've had on here since we did ‘confessions of'
    That's some serious thought processing there Eugekava, considered giving up your day job and becoming a stand up comedian? :p

7. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Lucky duck! I tried the earth sandstorm combo a few times and gave up thinking it wasn't possible. I still have had no success with the earth/chrome combo although my daughter got one this evening.

8. hookedat40

Oct 19, 2011
    Thanks for the giggle!

9. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #3969 Foxtail2010, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
    Seriously hilarious euge! Great stuff.. especially Sun, ha! Plumbers in your area must look different than in mine. Ours look more like Muds. :p

Hope Backflip is reading these, lol!

10. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    No sweat. I was just doing a little recreational breeding. I already have 2 sands and dodos.. but I think Sand/Dodo could be the best combo for anyone needing a second. The fails are pretty painless!

11. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yes, girlpower. Stand up comedy would've been a great career if I was any good at it.
    I thought that Crusty's idea was great. It's so funny to analyze dragons' personalities.
    I wish more people would join our little "brainstorm".

12. swarmski

swarmski Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Nearly ready to give it up

As much as i have loved this game, im afraid the content releases are just to slow.

For a top grossing game for the past 6 months, i would have thought that we would have a more regular release of content. Even new levels and habitats. I have been so long stuck on level 30 and only logging in to breed the new dragons release every 2-3 weeks at best.

Anyone else feel the same?

All we ever here from the twitter feed is that they are always 'working on new content". Especially with the threat of tiny monsters, i thought that Backflip Studios might need to up their game, but alas have yet to seen it

13. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I do wish they would give us more to work with. I will not play tiny monsters They copied Dragonvale i do not agree with this. I love dragonvale they just need to give us more to keep us busy. I play lil kingdom,pet hotel and derby days to keep me busy. It is frustrating they do not give us more.

14. Flip1329

Flip1329 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    #3974 Flip1329, May 4, 2012
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
    Yay, finally got dodo! Chrome 10/ earth 12. Feels like it took forever. Now to work on another sun! It was my first 48hr egg ever and three hour before it hatched my youngest was playing my iPod and hatched it and sold it:( so trying to get another. I havent let him use it when I have an important dragon in the hatchery since! Lol

15. hookedat40

Oct 19, 2011
    Congrats on the Dodo! I was under the impression an air hybrid plus earth was the only way. I will be trying your combo next. Sorry your son sold your sun. My kids are old enough to know to ask first. Thanks for giving me something else to try. Getting really frustrated.

16. Flip1329

Flip1329 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    #3976 Flip1329, May 4, 2012
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
    Oh no, didn't realize I put metal until I read your reply this morning! It is supposed to say chrome! I am soo sorry about that!

Thank you, was thrilled. Been trying tons with all combos. Can't get too mad about him selling the sun since he's only three but it was a shock! Kept looking all over the park for it till it sunk in! Lol

17. [M&B]Games

[M&B]Games Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    I am so pissed off. I thought I had a Sakura dragon egg incubating but no... IT WENT AND MADE A RAINBOW DRAGON! Yeah I'm happy I got a rainbow dragon... BUT COME ON! I want a Sakura! D:

18. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Yay! Finally reached level 30, first time I've made it to max! Now I can be bored like the rest of you guys. Lol .. No really, I'm ready for some new stuff too.

19. swarmski

swarmski Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    #3979 swarmski, May 5, 2012
    Last edited: May 5, 2012
  20. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Congratulations to you!!!!

Really wanting new stuff now to, but the Tribez is keeping me busy while I'm waiting...........:p