The Treasures of Montezuma 2 for iPhone is coming

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by aegoshin, Nov 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aegoshin

aegoshin Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    #1 aegoshin, Nov 13, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
    [​IMG]

Good news, everyone! (c)

Return to the jungle in "The Treasures of Montezuma 2" for iPhone / iPod Touch!

Game features:

+ 120 Adventure Mode levels
    + 40 Puzzle Mode levels
    + Endless Mode
    + Three difficulty levels
    + Male and female player characters

And special bonus for iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 3-rd gen. owners: stunning Open GL 2.0 shading special effects!

Take a look please:

Hope you will like it! :)

2. Marioman619

Marioman619 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2009
    Looking good :) Great to hear that you're still making games for the iPhone and iPod touch. The Magic Ball update was awesome!

3. caubetocdaido

caubetocdaido Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
  4. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    Will this one also have the added bonus of releasing an update that wipes out all of my progress with no warning? That was so much fun last time.

Your handling of that situation (both before and after the update) makes it unlikely that I will buy another game from you.

Michael

5. aegoshin

Jan 27, 2009
    No, it won't be so in Montezuma 2.

Michael, I want to apologize for your erased game progress. Actually, Montezuma 1 was our first iPhone project, and this is a cause of mistakes...

6. aegoshin

Jan 27, 2009
    =) owner of these hands is our artist, Tanya. She says thanks :)

7. sic

sic Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Philippines
    lol yeah!

8. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    NICE.

Def. buy from me.

9. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Loved the first one - was on my second playthrough when the update deleted all my progress. Would love to play another, especially if updates don't wipe your progress!

10. mlkaufman

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago

Erasing the game progress was the least of it. What I (and I believe others) are most upset about was the way you handled things after you changed the program to erase everyone's game progress.

1) You gave no warning in the update description until people starting complaining. You obviously knew in advance this was going to happen, but you thought it was better to just let your customers take the hit.

2) You ignored all of the emails and suggestions people made to mitigate the damage. I know I sent you several emails asking you to just unlock Hard mode from the beginning so that I wouldn't have to start over and play the easy mode again. If you check the threads, you will see that others made similar suggestions. Not only did you not bother to put in the trivial amount of effort these suggestions would have taken, but you couldn't even be bothered to respond to any one here.

You guys were quick to apologize before and now about your mistake. Its easy to say sorry. A far better idea would have been to actually respond to your customer's concerns/requests. Particularly when those requests would have taken so little effort to address.

Even now, you still haven't released an update to address your user's requests. Stuff like that damages the relationship between a developer and a customer.

Which is why I am less interested in a new game from you guys then I would otherwise be.

Michael

11. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    So is there an expected release date for this?

12. aegoshin

Jan 27, 2009
    I hope you will be interested in Montezuma 2 after update for the first version will be released. We will add one more episode for Montezuma 1. Also - update match 3 engine. Game will be quicker for all iPhones.

13. aegoshin

Jan 27, 2009
    The Treasures of Montezuma 2 will be available at 19-th of November.

The price will be $1.99 only.

14. mlkaufman

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    #14 mlkaufman, Nov 15, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
    I might be if you unlock hard mode in version 1 from the start. A I said before, I have no interest at all in playing through easy mode again.

Michael.
    P

15. shkudt

shkudt Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Moscow
    Love Montezuma 1
    Definitely will buy Montezuma 2

16. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I was all excited when I read about an "Endless Mode" only to find out, after snagging the PC version, the Endless Mode means endless in the cheesy way (not a levelless game of survival but simply a mode of the game that NEVER ENDS).

PLEASE consider adding some sort of Survival Mode where player's need to score or collect enough gems to keep the clock going!!

17. aegoshin

Jan 27, 2009
    Hmmm... Game in "Endless Mode" will be finished then you will have "No more moves" at your screen. Endless game ends.

Then you start Endless next time - you will start it from beginning.

18. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Really!? Is this how it works in the PC version as well? I swear I've often run out of moves and the game just reshuffles the board and continues...but maybe that wasn't in the Endless mode come to think of it.

If true I take it all back and have a new appreciation for the game!

19. aegoshin

Jan 27, 2009
    Really.. But in the PC version it's almost same as you said.

20. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Yes, I just confirmed in the PC version running out of moves just has you replaying the current level (with your score set back to what it was when you started the level).

Thanks a lot, Aegoshin, this shift from the PC version is really appreciated! :D