Does the Ipod Touch feel abondoned to you?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by OctopodSquad, May 9, 2010.

1. OctopodSquad

OctopodSquad Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2010
    You know that feeling you get when you buy a cool video game system then a week later a new one comes out and all the good developers from the old system abandon it for the new one?!
    Since this ipad came out, All the good games are now going toward it.. can't the iPod touch get some of that too?
    I really don't feel like spending like 500 bucks on the ipad just after spending 300 on my iPod...

What do you think?

2. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    not at all..i feel like my ipod touch has WAY MORE games on it and to look forward to then my ipad.

Games just arent really coming out right now because...well...why? Its almost summer, its not too HOT outside, and people have more things to do. Games will start to come out soon, dont worry.

3. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I feel the complete opposite o__o
    who's abandoned the iPhone? I don't feel that the iPad has many good new games, most of the existing ones are just upscaled iPhone versions, many don't have much new content, etc.

4. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
  5. OctopodSquad

Apr 25, 2010
    Cmon.. It's just the 1st generation!
    Soon apple will make more generations until it's like 5x better hardware than the iPod
    (but its just still going to be a giant iPod touch..)

6. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Not even in the least bit...

7. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Not at all. The iPhone/iPod Touch has so many new and exciting upcoming games, while the iPad is mainly getting optimized versions of iPhone games, mainly just with better graphics and no additional features/content.

8. SJP99

SJP99 Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Ipod Touch game player person like thing????
    11th dimension
    Despite the slightly improved graphics ipad games are usually just ports of the iPhone game that have a few optimizations and fill the entire screen. some games benefit from the large screen but many others are just have awkward controls.

There isn't really any "good" games coming JUST to the ipad. The ipad isn't really a portable game console anyway, its built more more movies and web than games.

9. Phoenix526

Phoenix526 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010

I don't agree. The iPod touch and iPhone are handheld portable devices that are easy to take with me on the go. The iPad on the other hand seems like a large device, with not much new features. Since it is fairly new, I don't think there are as much variety in apps yet.

10. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    And Apple will keep on improving the iPod/iPhone as well, the iPad isn't going to leave it behind.

But like I mentioned, what are all these good games that are only coming out for the iPad?

11. OctopodSquad

Apr 25, 2010
    Geometry Wars, Zen Bound 2..
    Only games I like
    besides all the HD versions of the games I have on my iPod

12. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    Didn't realize two games were "all the good games" that the iPod is missing out on. Not to mention that those games will be making an appearance on the iPod sooner or later.

These "HD" versions are nothing more than the regular versions blown up to a bigger size(most of the time), so forgive me if I'm not as jealous as you might be ;)

I still have some good games I'm looking forward to on the iPod, like Revolt and Deliverace, plus a few others.

I really don't feel that because the iPod is missing a couple of games here and there that it has been abandoned.

13. OctopodSquad

Apr 25, 2010
    Well maybe I'm just overexxagerating..
    And yes I'm greatly looking forward to deliverace.. :)

14. Zetaspawn

Zetaspawn Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    I would almost agree since it just so happens that the main things I'm looking forward to already are out on ipad such as

geometry wars
    mirrors edge
    godfinger still isn't out
    zenbound 2..... But that's about it...

I'm still waiting to hear what happened to world of goo and those are really the only games that have my attention right now... So it seems like I'm getting the shaft. But it's only because those are the only games I've been paying attention to.