Dead Space 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Eli, Oct 14, 2010.

?

Dead Space 2 is going to be...

1. Awesome

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. Terrible

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. I don't know I just like voting in polls.

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
  1. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

[​IMG]

Not sure what I think about this. As I mentioned on the front page it's either going to be awesome or terrible, I don't think there's any middle ground.

2. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    #2 LBG, Oct 14, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I want a poll.......................!

4. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Can't you just add the other thread to this one and keep the poll?

5. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
  6. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    dead space is a awesome game. but we dont know how much time and money EA puts into the ipad/iphone version. maby its just a cutoff version with 3 levels and then give the purchase link for the pc version...

Nothing we can say about it being awesome or crap. I voted neither.

7. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    #7 dumaz1000, Oct 14, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
    EA seems fully committed to iOS development. This is nothing new. They've been on the appstore bangwagon for quite some time now. In terms of successful multi-console devs, they are the forerunners when it comes to iDevice support. However, they still must wiegh how much content to give away in the mobile versions of these games, be it Need for Speed, Battlefield Bad Company, or Dead Space. How much effort do they put into these games, not to mention the monetary investment, considering the fact that they must all sell for 9.99 or less, and are much more likely to debut at 6.99 then 9.99. Meanwhile, the console versions of these very same games sell for 59.99 a piece. There is a steep drop off in the amount of money that they can request for their games on this platform. It's not then illogical to assume that there would be a steep drop off in the amount of included content as well.

The iDevice version of FIFA does not include a variety of modes that you will find in the console version. The iDevice version of Need for Speed Shift included 20-some events, while the console version incorporated something like a 100.

EA has, however, hinted, at the very least, of releasing what seems to constitute a complete package for Bad Company. A full campaign plus multiplayer support.

In other words, I don't quite know what to expect here. I would anticipate a short game. Like 2 hours. I never finished Dead Space for the 360 or even really tried, but I wouldn't be surprised if that game was like 10-15 hours long. So if the mobile version was only 2 hours, rather then 10, that's kinda what I would expect.

Perhaps EA will surprise though, in the same way as they have promised to do with Bad Company.

8. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    ah, also to scared you might get a heart attack by the things happening in the game? :p
    Play the game, all the details are great and taken care of. and play it in a dark room with only the sound of the 360 on. have fun, like it did :)

Its ashame that EA doesnt update there games though. its a strange company. Make all kinds of iphone games, but they dont make it for the ipad. why not start off with 1024*768 images and textures for their game? then making the game for the other idevices is a piece of cake...
    for example: the sims...extremly ugly on the ipad...but one of the best games on iphone.

9. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009