Modern Combat + Ravensword or Nazi Zombies?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by iRyan94, Dec 6, 2009.

1. iRyan94

iRyan94 Active Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Which are better?

2. frendil

frendil Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    New Zealand!!
    i reakon wait for nova (it will probably cost the same as ravensword when it comes out, all the good gameloft games have cost that much so far) and get modern combat and nova, but cod zombies is also awesome, depends if you want a campaign and death match or co op zombie killing

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I would say Ravensword and CoD:Zombies. Ravensword is a way deeper experience than Modern Combat (though it's not really an RPG), and you CAN get all the intensity you'd ever need from CoD. (I know that you're going by cost, but that's how I would pair things up).

Frankly, I'm one of the UPnP victims, so it's not a good day to ask me about MC:S.

4. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    -MC:S I heard has had some major online connectivity issues.
    -Ravensword is really cool..lacking content at the moment, but with an update coming & the devs working on an expansion..well.. :)
    -COD is freaking awesome :D its a lot of fun, but also has some connectivity issues [still very playable though]

5. Kerrby

Kerrby Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Australia
    Get Modern Combat + Ravensword.

Why pay $9.99 for one map at littel replay value (It gets real boring if you're too good at the game), when you can have two lengthy and fun games for close to the same price.

6. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    lets compare, pros and cons of each

Nazi Zombies has better:

Graphics about same, except Nazis is more violent! YEAH!
    Tilt controls
    Replayability
    Online Multiplayer
    Cool weapons:D
    "Best games of November" from toucharcade

MC Sandstorm has better:

Graphics about the same, but MC's enemy textures are better.
    Touch-screen controls
    More levels
    Campaign
    More difficulties
    More multiplayer options, except multiplayer has glitches now
    More different enemies

I don't have Ravensword. But overall, i liked Nazi Zombies better, but just a smidge. They have new maps and such coming out too. In all...

Nazi Zombies: For those who like blowing the heads off of undead mean Nazis with a pump-action shotgun or roasting them with a flamethrower to a bloody death.

MCS: For those who dream of being in the army and assassinating tons of weak little terrorists with all your super American military gear with rifles, grenades, and all that cool stuff, all in diverse, huge environments.

7. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Get MC and Ravensword, the two best games on the App Store

8. iRyan94

iRyan94 Active Member

Oct 17, 2009
    How many maps does Modern Combat have online?

Btw i have WaW with all the maps on xbox

9. acidshaman

acidshaman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    well ravensword is apparently missing content, MC has multiplayer TDM but I cant log on, altho I think that gameloft made a way better engine than the Quake 3 one used by eliminate (i dislike quake engines, feels like your on roller skates) ... COD seems awesome but I hear alot of complaints about the fact that its only one map?

I own all but COD, and Im holding off on COD for now... seems like its missing the most content out of the bunch

10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Ravensword isn't really missing content -- it's just not a full RPG as some people expected (even though the app description and all the previews made it clear that it wasn't). CoD:Zombies isn't missing content either: that one map has yielded hours of entertainment for me. Probably the best online gaming experience on the platform.

11. iRyan94

iRyan94 Active Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Does COD or MC have mic support? I usually cant stand online games where you cant communicate properly.