Another video game quiz with *unlocks and levels*

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by BabyAzerty, Jan 14, 2016.

1. BabyAzerty

BabyAzerty Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Developer
    Paris
    Hi iOS folks!

*Work in progress*
    I am currently making a video game quiz with unlockable content.
    It means there is a Main mode where you just have to guess the name of the game from an in-game screenshot.
    Something like this :

[​IMG]
    Did you recognize Final Fantasy VII : Crisis Core? Well, the answer is just "Final Fantasy".

[​IMG]
    And this one is Super Mario 64 with the answer being "Super Mario".

There will be 2 modes

- Main "Story" mode: Just like Icomania, you progress through levels and you have to press on buttons to complete the placeholders. (see previous screenshot). Your progress will unlock options for the Custom mode
    - Custom mode: You decide on the quiz you will get. Only Wii games? Only RPG games?

So far, I am still not sure how I will make the custom mode. Will there be a time limit? Will each quiz generate a seed so that you can share it and have your friends run the same quiz?
    I always thought of making other ways of input: MCQ and "textfield input" (where you type directly instead of pressing on buttons) - it would correspond to some kind of difficulty modes. Maybe I leave it to the users to decide in the options?

Any tips/opinions are welcomed!

2. BabyAzerty

BabyAzerty Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Developer
    Paris