iPhone Panzer Corps for iPad

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Slitherine Iain, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Farmer Harv

Farmer Harv Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Yep.

2. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    Well, it depends on your/ his value of that certain game. In example, Space Hulk/ Battle of the Bulge/ KODP/ etc. for $10 are definite buys for me, while some random-runner or dual-stick shooter/ hack and slash games for $2-$3 are pushing my limits. It depends on your gaming preference.....my point is let him complain about the price tag (since he is entitled to his opinion) and just ignore his comment, instead of playing "Oh....you are the cheapskate kid" game.

3. dedyp79

dedyp79 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Get me everything IAP

How much money IAP Get me everything in panzer corps?

4. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    #44 iPadisGreat, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
    When you compare $10 to the cost of the original tabletop games, it is a bargain, and comes with a 24/7 opponent to play against.

You have had to have been a kid with all the counters of your wargame punched out, map laid out, rulebook memorised, but nobody to play against, because most kids just play soccer or basketball, to appreciate how great computer strategy games are.

How many expansion sets are there? If the developer goes by the Battle Academy model, it is about $10 per expansion.

iPadstillHasNotFinishedPlayingAllHisBattleAcademyExpansions...

5. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    [added into my previous post]

6. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    Nope, I cannot afford that kind of stuff at all and I consider those kind of activities time consuming (no harm intended for those who love and enjoy them). I value those games higher than games from other genre, because I rather spend my time outdoor (playing sports, but not soccer :D) than playing those "relatively" boring and pointless dual-stick and endless runner games. You can get those kind of adrenaline pumping action from playing/ competing in contact and/ or extreme sports, while you can't emulate the sensation and enjoyment you get from playing strategy games elsewhere and it is a good form of workout for your brain. :)

Note: I don't really play multiplayer, but hope to get into it in the forseeable future......

7. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Monkey hasn't even finished all the levels that come with Battle Academy as standard :eek: not for lack of play it either I just keep failing but I love BA probably my fav strategy game on the iPad for its sheer depth and game content.
    I haven't played panzer corps but ill deffinelty be checking it out when it hits the store.
    Also don't mind the price point as it's still double or triple that for a console game with less replayability.

8. dedyp79

dedyp79 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Still not appear in appworld...

9. MrSaracen

MrSaracen New Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Apparently it failed the first time, according to Owen at Pocket Tactics it has been resubmitted a few days ago they have also added a few more features before they resubmitted.Owen also stated Slitherine are still confident it will be accepted before the cut off date.

10. Lord Zimoa

Lord Zimoa Member

May 6, 2012
    Panzer Corps iPad is ready

Release date and details announced

Epsom, UK – December 13th, 2013 – It’s finally here. One of the best strategy games of the past decade is coming to iPad on December 18th, unchanged and with no features left out. Panzer Corps Wehrmacht has been defined as “a great remake of a timeless classic”, “a great wargame”, “the most compelling game in years” and now it’s coming to the touch generation.

“The work on Panzer Corps for iPad has been a real team effort between our internal production team, Flashback Games and The Lordz Games Studio”, said Iain McNeil, Development Director of the Slitherine Group. “We really wanted the game to include every single feature the PC game has and that’s why it’s taken such a long time to release it, but we’re sure players will think it was worth the wait. We’ve even added some cool new features not on PC”.

Panzer Corps will release with full cross platform multiplayer, allowing players to match up against friends all over the world on any platform. It will also include all previously released DLCs and expansions, including the recently release Allied Corps and the ten linked Grand Campaign add-ons.

“We are willing to give this market something new, while staying true to our wargaming niche values”, said JD McNeil, Chairman of the Slitherine Group. “This project is a stepping stone because it shows we work with our development partners to bring the games to the next level even years after they’ve been released”.

With the recent announcement of Panzer Corps being Greenlit on Steam it promises to be a very bright future for the series. For more information about the game, check out the product page.

11. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    Installed size and how much to buy Panzer Corps and all IAP expansions?

12. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Thought it was to be $20. At that price there better not be any "necessary" IAP barring maybe better icons representing the player's icon!!

13. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    I thought $19.90 was the base games. The expansion IAPs are priced separately. So how much do they cost in total?