Emulation

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by FraggleJP, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Rasterico

Rasterico Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    #61 Rasterico, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
    I still have the original release of imame that was pulled from the app store within hours of being released on my 4S! I believe Seleuco re-released it as Gridlee at a later date.

I haven't visited this forum in nearly a year as I kind of fell out of love with iOS gaming for a while after picking up a Vita and a 3DS but a friend of mine at work showed me an N64 Emu running Ocarina Of Time near flawlessly on his galaxy S3 and I thought I'd come back and see if there's an equivalent for iOS?

What's happened to the jailbreaking thread?!

2. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    But at least I use the ROMs from my own games...

3. mall0c

mall0c New Member

Aug 23, 2013
  4. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Yep le Emulators work again. I have a GBA emulator that works fine. Although if I reboot my device it'll crash non stop unless I set the date back to 2012 and start it up. Just set the year to 2012 prior to installing. What the other guy said :p

5. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Thanks man. And also if you reboot all you need to do is change it to 2012,then back to 2013 and it should work again :D I'm gonna play some Pokemon now

6. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    DraStic emulator (nintendo ds) was recently released for android. It's awesome! I'm sure work is being done on an ios version.

7. rdriskell

rdriskell Active Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Question: EMU4IOS

So, i just downloaded a normally jailbreak app from this site. http://emu4ios.weebly.com/index.html

I followed the directions and it went fine. It works fine. But HOW!!!
    Can someone explain to me how he can install .ipa files on my device without being jailbroken.... I am not scared of a jailbreak but I am just worried about keyloggers and other malware on my phone.

Also, important note about 5 min after this happened i got a call from myself..my cell number...so I normally am not shaken but that freaked me out a bit.

I love the benefits of using this .ipa on my phone that i didn't have to get via cydia but the call afterwards freaked me out and am worried about malware on my iOS7 device.

any help would be appreciated.

8. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    To my knowledge it's not possible for a virus to mess with your device unless you're jailbroken. Not sure about this site though but I use it and I haven't had a funky thing happen. seeing as that is widely known I think they'd remove anything that would mess with your device

9. rdriskell

rdriskell Active Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Thanks that is good to know. I am normally not so skiddish but I just got freaked out this morning.

Thanks for your reply

10. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
    If i want to emulate stuff i do it on my Mac not my tablet.

Besides they are more accurate.

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yep but try taking your Mac on the train or a cafe etc.

I love emulators, love being able to get those nostalgic memories back the second i play an old Gameboy game or ZX Spectrum game. Same for MAME, its much better playing MAME on my iCade but when i'm away from home its great having it on my phone

12. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    On my twitter list, Someone took these snaps of a dude on the train, playing Sonic on his laptop with an emulator + gamepad :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]