Total Recoil ->FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Agas, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011

Total Recoil

Look lively soldier, grab your gear and fall in line for the biggest, baddest, craziest and most explosive war game to h…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Look lively soldier, grab your gear and fall in line for the biggest, baddest, craziest and most explosive war game to hit your screens and assault your senses. Total Recoil takes arcade shooters to the max; it’s a warmongers delight, packing a deadly arsenal of kick-ass weapons, devastating explosions, mega bosses, and much much more into one dynamite package.

Start as a lowly Private and work your way up through the ranks by blasting through wave after wave of gun-toting grunts, turrets, gunships, mega-tanks, mines and more. Arm yourself with a huge range of upgradeable weapons whilst raining down death and destruction upon your enemies by earning ‘Killstreaks’ including artillery, air support, sentry guns and smart bombs. It’s the most gun toting, flame throwing, rocket launching, barrel busting, chain-gunning, explosive game on the App Store. So, what are you waiting for?...FALL IN SOLDIER!

Features
    • Explosively addictive arcade gameplay keeps you coming back for more. If you can see it, you can blow it up!
    • Upgradable weapons including Assault Rifle, Flamethrower, Chaingun, Cannon, Grenade Launcher and Missile Launcher
    • Battle your way through The Oil Rig and The Mighty Jungle
    • Unlock ‘Killstreak’ rewards including artillery strikes, sentry guns and dive bombing planes
    • Packed with multiple game modes including Operations, Rank Challenges and Endless Wave mode.
    • Collect reward coins to buy and upgrade your weapons, killstreaks and equipment
    • More explosions per square inch of screen than any other game.........ever!
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:Nov 15, 2012
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (4)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Since it's also because of Thanksgiving, I add it to Thanksgiving sale thread.

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    #2 bramblett05, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
    This is a good game support the devs

3. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Didn't this like just come out?

Downloading now, though, thanks for the heads-up! :D

4. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Looks decent... thanks.

5. Yeah, it just came out last week. I bought it even though I knew it was going free at sometime soon, due to the inapp structure.

Just didn't realize it would go free so soon, less than one week. Oh well, early adopter blues.

Really fun game though, plays like total carnage. Get it quick!

Highly recommended!

6. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    When I saw in the screenshot that an upgrade was for "coin magnet", my "grindy" IAP radar kinda went off.. That being said..I'm usually fine with most IAP usually doesn't bother me...

7. EiconicNJ

EiconicNJ Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Game Developer
    Warwick, UK
    We apologise to those early adopters, it's not done to spite them or without good reason. We need to get people playing the game, sales were far less than expected so we had to do something about it.

Coverage in terms of reviews from the gaming sites has been virtually nil :(

Our marketing partner has approached them all with promocodes, but that just hasn't materialised with enough review coverage yet.

We have a responsibility also to our investors that we do whatever we can to make the game a success and that meant improving the size of the customer base. Taking advantage of the Thanksgiving window with a period where the game is free to download is a direct way to address that.

We are working on updates to the game to improve it based on the feedback and reviews we've had so far. We will be adding additional content too.

8. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Ok that's understanding I change what I said

9. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    EiconicNJ, that makes sense. In this crowded app market it can be tough for devs to get some of the limited attention of the various game sites. Getting the game in the hands of gamers is, I think, a pretty solid step in the right direction.

10. EiconicNJ

EiconicNJ Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Game Developer
    Warwick, UK
    Thank you for understanding.
    Fingers crossed we get more people playing the game now. We believe we have a good game, there are bound to be a few areas we can improve on and we'll endeavour to do that as soon as we can.

11. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    As early adopters do we get anything like extra coins because we paid?

12. Downloaded it, haven't played long enough to get a good feel for it.

13. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    I'm not being greedy they did it on dead trigger when it went free.

14. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    It's not going freemium, is it? Thought this was just a temporary sale.

So the question is whether the devs are looking for visability to get future paid purchases or if they expect to make profits from the IAPs. If the latter, then it should have been free to begin with.

15. EiconicNJ

EiconicNJ Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Game Developer
    Warwick, UK
    This is temporary until 25th at the end of the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. We will then take a look at the situation again.

16. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    LMAO...

I bought this a couple days ago, but haven't had a chance to check it out yet... Hate when that happens. =oP

Oh well... I hope it gives the game the attention that the Devs are hoping for, and thanks for the sale... I'll be sure and tell my friends at work to check it out.

17. Yeah, I was kind of hoping this too cause it was a $2 game and the price drop was within a week. Isn't there anything that can be done? Other games like Dead trigger, Major mayhem, and others have rewarded early adopters by coins or weapons. Would be nice here too if it is not to late to do so.

18. EiconicNJ

EiconicNJ Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Game Developer
    Warwick, UK
    Will take a look and see if there is something we can do, can't promise anything.

19. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Dead Trigger & Major Mayhem when to full-on freemium... this is just a temporary giveaway to spur on some interest. Not really the same thing unless they decide to keep it free.

20. #20 Connector, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah, I know. But this case is much worse in that the price drop was in less than one week from release and it charged a premium price.

Both Dead Trigger and Major Mayhem took a very long time to go freemium. So while yes, they went freemium was kind of bad, this case is much worse to me.

And with this games inapp structure with the game getting hard very fast, there maybe a paywall coming if not now, but in a future update.

Plus odds are, this game will go freemium soon enough.

That is why it would be nice for us early adopters to get some coins. Anyway, I figured it would go freemium come xmas, so I was prepared for it. Just next time, Eiconic games makes a game, I sure the heck won't be an early adopter. That's all...