Plague Inc. [Help & Strategies]

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Duss321, May 30, 2012.

1. Emuchu

Emuchu Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    Playing fungus is... painful, to be honest. Fungi can't spread quickly at all, so you tend to find yourself being discovered too quickly to beat the cure. The fungus ability doesn't help much, either, since you can't really control where it goes.

The fungus level is the only one I always play passively in. Fungi are slow as molasses, so you can't risk being discovered before you at least have a foot-hold in every single country. Devolve any random mutations you get, besides coughing, which increases infectivity, and from what I've observed, doesn't get you caught. Just focus on upgrading Land/Water transmission to 2, adding a point into Cold for Greenland, Blood for Africa, and Drug Resistance for the developed countries.

Once you have those set, you basically sit on your hands and twiddle your thumbs for four years until you've infected every country. Then you can set the kill-switch to on, and get all the symptoms you like, as well as Genetic Hardening and Restructuring as needed. It's not that difficult to win as a Fungus, just boring. Oh, and if you haven't already infected everyone, be sure to pick up Necrosis to make sure it gets around.

2. timpan195

timpan195 New Member

Jun 10, 2012
  3. Wheel Of Death

Wheel Of Death New Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Thank you very much

I just followed this strategy and it worked like a charm. Yes it took a while but if Pandemic II taught me anything it's patience

4. arney217

arney217 New Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Nano virus

Does anyone have any strategies on how to beat NANO VIRUS on BRUTAL??
    I have been trying now for a couple days and just cannot beat it..:(

5. owner_101

owner_101 Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Pro-ish Gamet
    Just downloaded 1.2, and I noticed (happily) about future updates with zombies in brackets!

Do we really get to cause a Zombie Apocalypse???

(I hope so)

6. owner_101

owner_101 Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Pro-ish Gamet
    Just downloaded 1.2, and I noticed (happily) about future updates with zombies in brackets!

Do we really get to cause a Zombie Apocalypse???

(I hope so)

7. DonJacobo

DonJacobo New Member

Jun 12, 2012
    I just played bacteria/normal with a more aggressive "Second Wave" tactics. I started out with focus on transmission and mutation. Let the decease spread and become as nasty as possible, but save up DNA. Use no abilties to make the cure harder to find. Let the poor humans research. By the time there was a 100% cure I had 100% infected peple in the world, a semi-nasty decease and 100+ DNA to spend. I let the cure work until 50% was cured.

BANG, time for the Second Wave!

I went all-in on drug resistance, genetic hardening and DNA reshuffle. The cure dropped down to 70% and people got re-infected again giving a huge DNA boost. I almost managed to evolve all symptoms. Humanity died out at 95% of the cure. Point-wise this tactics is not the best, I got around 10000p, but if one could create a third wave as well, it may be possible to create the Perfect Plague with ALL transmission, symptoms and abilties maxed out!

8. Ndemic Creations

Ndemic Creations Well-Known Member

This is a cool tactic - I never thought about people playing it like this! Brilliant!

9. DonJacobo

DonJacobo New Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Thanks alot! The tactic has mutated :) A Second Wave achievement and a Perfect Plague achievement would be really nice additions in a future update.

Thanks for a great game!

10. Ndemic Creations

Ndemic Creations Well-Known Member

Good idea - added them to the list

11. Emuchu

Emuchu Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    Does having a second and third wave actually give you more DNA to spend overall than it would have avoid the cure in the first place? 'Cause playing like that sounds pretty cool; the second wave could be Genetic Hardening/Reshuffling, and the third wave could be Coma/Insanity/Paralysis.

12. Emuchu

Emuchu Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    Nano Virus is pretty tough, but still doable. The most important thing, for me, is to get the Nano ability that slows the broadcast as soon as you can, since that gives you the time you need to do everything else.

It's also pretty compulsory to get Necrosis. With the speed at which you'll want to be killing, you'll want a way to infect after your victims die.

13. DonJacobo

DonJacobo New Member

Jun 12, 2012
    This a great strategy for three waves! The extra DNA during re-infection is still a mystery to me. The first time I tried this tactic I got over 100 new DNA, but in my repeated attemts I got almost no new DNA. A friend also got the DNA boost once. Lets keeps looking for the link between infectation and DNA-points.

14. TheMightyJMo

TheMightyJMo New Member

Jun 14, 2012
    It is frustrating to get the headlines "historic space mission planned" and "new round of nuclear tests considered" and not know how to capitalize on them!

15. Emuchu

Emuchu Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    #135 Emuchu, Jun 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
    I was always of the opinion that you received DNA points as some linear(?) function based on the number of people you infected or killed, as DNA income is always highest for me while countries are turning red. This would mean you would need a substantial population to become cured in order to observe any increase in DNA points overall, and this is still assuming that you receive extra DNA at all for infect-cure-infects. But if this is true, you could allow the cure to cure the world half-way, and reap the benefits of a second-round of exponential infection.

16. afsplat

afsplat Member

Jun 15, 2012
    I'm having problems getting three achievements, swine flu, blood transfusion and public defecation. Any suggestions?

17. xhnhx

xhnhx New Member

Jun 15, 2012
    I just completed brutal parasite by only using blood but didn't get the achievement? Also I know I have achieved some of the combos on both normal and brutal but haven't got the acheviements, any ideas...?
    Public defecation you need diarrhoea and insanity, I have done it a few times but still do not have the achievement!

18. TheMightyJMo

TheMightyJMo New Member

Jun 14, 2012
    I know for me, since I updated to 1.2, Openfeint is nowhere to be found on the app...the achievements button doesn't do anything on the high score screen. Can't figure it out, so I don't even know what the new achievements are.

19. fonebone

fonebone New Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Thanks for this. I wasn't able to get it with this alone, but a simple tweak resulted in 3 wins in a row. Before any other points, I put into Coughing, then Sneezing. (I reset if given news that urban population has been reduced)

When I have spare points after finishing your layout, I follow other advice and unlock Seizures and then Insanity, followed by devolving Seizures to reduce lethality.

I'd tried to win SO MANY times. Your framework did it for me. :)

20. carlisimo

carlisimo Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2009
    I often get an out of memory message on my iPad2. The game is kind enough to save the game before quitting, but it happens even after I've rebooted and haven't opened many apps at all.

Other programs that appear to be more memory-intensive run fine, so I have to wonder if something's wrong with the way Plague Inc. uses memory.