Friend Fighter - (by WeMade Entertainment CO., LTD)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 9, 2012.

1. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    #2 klarence, Jun 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
    As a new fighting genre game, it's usually diffcult to accept the setting of the game and it would looks like some kind rip-off version of another franchise.
    But this one looks so good, it even feels like better than anything.
    IMO,more Cool than SF, more Cute than MC, more 3D than KOF, more New than SC, more Decent than DFO.
    But I won't expect it really that good due to it's not easy or I should say impossible to make a game better than these predecessors.
    Anyway, I want taste this one.
    Oh wait, it only has 6 characters?

2. jirayasama

jirayasama Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Network Admin
    Brasil
    i like i'd be wait this game

3. beelzebub23

beelzebub23 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    First fights kinda reminds me of the classic Bloody Roar game by Hudson.
    I wish they'd port it, I'd hit that! :)

4. Porkahontas

Porkahontas Member

Jun 1, 2012
    The backgrounds look stale and unappealing. However the character designs/animations look pretty nice. If the levels are spiffied up a bit, I could definitely see myself buying this game. :D

5. iVoloster

iVoloster Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Insurance
    NY
    This game looks like a really solid fighter, any idea on the release info?

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Yeah -- they'll spend $1000's to animate the background just so they can get you $3.99 sale (or whatever it is).

iOS games are made under tight budget -- that's just the nature of the platform. Choices have to be made, and I'd much rather have developers focus on things that really matter to gameplay -- animation, frame-rate, controls. Lively backgrounds are way down on that list IMO.

7. tocameelarcade

tocameelarcade Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    amazing looking form a new developer i see :D!

8. jirayasama

jirayasama Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Network Admin
    Brasil
    there any release date

9. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    ^That and will this be just local/online game or will it have campaign mode?

I like what i see,animations are very nice

10. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    Wow! WeMade...the new Gameloft? with simultaneous good-looking rip-off games? That wasn't negative BTW. I hope the control's good and introduce new things in a fighter game. Looking forward ;)

11. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    Looking forward!

12. El_Enemigo

El_Enemigo Active Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Salesman, marketing
    Montevideo, Uruguay.
    I play fighting games in tournaments so I consider myself a professional fighting games player. :p So it would be a delight to beta test to this game.

I believe that you shoud change the static "cardboard" people in one of the stages because it looks depressing as hell. Also... 6 characters... seems too little.

But anyhow... looking forward to this game. :)

Welcome!

13. OutSpoken

OutSpoken Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011

For me its all about the package as a whole, so 'lively backgrounds' are a major part of enjoyment. Yes, I understand we have to be realistic about things...and not expect large portions of budget to be blown on beautifully illustrated backgrounds.. however I do think regrdless how slick controls are, the fighting environments can make or break a game.

Anyway, when is this game supposedly releasing? and seriously WeMade couldn't come up with a better name than... 'Friend Fighter?'

14. OutSpoken

OutSpoken Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Sorry to bump.

But still no news on this game? thankfully I have Sfxt to quench my first after Volt, but its never a bad thing to have more fighter options..:)

15. whymikewhy

whymikewhy Active Member

Nov 13, 2012
    I absolutely want to buy every new game this company is putting out, I've checked out a lot of their work in progress and its just phenomenal, so happy to have another great Korean game company enter into the iOS scene!

This might be a FTP game with IAP, many games from Korea are, and usually can balance the format accordingly.

16. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    #18 sicksilvo, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
    This game has been renamed to Touch Fighter, it has been available on Google Play for almost a month.

Short video:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/wemeByWeMade?feature=watch

Info from DroidGamers:
    "Touch Fighter is a pure head-to-head brawler with a simple three button system plus a virtual joystick for movemen.
    There are a total of eight different characters you can choose to play as, each one with their own unique style of fighting and special moves. Once you pick your character, you can choose to play in the single-players modes called Challenge and Time Attack.
    You can fight other players in real-time online multiplayer VS matches.
    There is in-game messaging system, you'll need to set up an account with KakaoTalk"

If somebody wants ,check Korean App Store to see if it's available on iOS platform
    Thank you