List Of Point & Click Adventure Games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TheFamousEccles, Jan 17, 2010.

1. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Since they're actually porting episode 2 of the new Back To The Future series, there's hope that they'll go back and port other episodes of the older iPad titles.

As for this list, I'm going to try setting it up on a site called FlexLists. If it doesn't take me too long to put something together I'll post the link here. I'm guessing the first post in this thread will no longer be updated, since it was last modified all the way back in December of last year.

2. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
  3. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I haven't played this one yet, but I did recently play PuppetShow: Lost Town on my PC, and I actually took the time to finish it (in other words, I really enjoyed it). I'm hoping this one is just as good.

On a different note, here's a link to the beginning of a new list: http://flexlists.com/view.php?list_id=17866. Curious to know if you guys think I should pursue this further or not. There are a couple of downsides, the biggest one being I can't figure out how to sort it yet (I actually think I know, but it probably means I set up the list wrong). On the plus side, if any of you are RSS junkies you can actually set up a feed to the list so you know when it's updated.

4. Duss321

Duss321 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Alphabatical order is best i think.

Maybe you can also put them in the right category, i.e.

Adventure type point and click games:
    - City of secrets
    - Hector badge of carnage
    - The train

Classic/remake/port/old school point and click games:
    - Beneath a steel sky
    - Broken sword 1
    - Broken sword 2

Escape the room point and click games:
    - Mystique
    - Mystique 2

Hidden objects games:
    - bla bla

Well you get the point :p much easier to see wich kind of point and click game you like.
    But it's way more work. Just an idea though.

5. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I could certainly add a Type column, and I wouldn't actually be opposed to that. However, I don't believe the service is sophisticated enough to handle any sort of grouping. I just need to figure out the sorting thing and see if I can sort by more than one column.

6. Duss321

Jan 26, 2011
    ok, well no problem.

It's nice to se an updated list of point and click games. :D

7. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Actually this looks pretty good to me and like the categorized listing. I'm more of a hidden objects and adventure buff than anything else and would keep from having to sift through games I'm not as interested in. And the original list will be getting longer as more of these games come out and be a chore of having to click onto each one with every different types of point and click games. Someone new to the genre will be overwhelmed I'm sure.

8. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    The last two I have purchased were from BigFish...two masterpieces: Awekening: the dreamless castle and Haunted Mansor (they were on sale)

9. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I played with the list service some more and it is possible to create sublists, but it's kind of a pain to maintain (at least when you don't have much time for maintenance). What I'm going to do for now is simply add a category column. You have the option to sort by any column, and it appears that you can even sort by multiple columns, so just sort by the category first and then the title, and you should be good.

10. Duss321

Jan 26, 2011
    Isn't it better to start a new thread here and make a list the way the TS in this thread did it. We can make subtopics add anything we want without to much problems.

Maybe a mod can delete this one. That way people on toucharcade can use the search button to find the thread and game they like.

11. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    If you'd like to do it that way, go for it. As the list gets longer I feel that will become too hard to manage. With the way I'm doing it, all I have to do is add a new row with a title, URL and category and I'm done. No making sure it's in the right spot or anything like that. If people knew what game they were searching for they wouldn't need a list :)

I was planning on starting a new thread, however, and just including the link to my list in the first post. I'm I just wasting my time with this, or are there people that actually want to see me pursue this?

12. Duss321

Jan 26, 2011
    that's true.

And it would be better if you can make a new thread with the link in it.
    This one won't be updated, i guess.

And you should make this list, like i said before the iphone is made for point and click games :)
    And a list would make it a hell of a lot easier to find the type of games you like, since not a lot of gamers like those type of games.

13. wordddd

wordddd Active Member

Oct 12, 2010
    I'm all for starting a new thread. =)

14. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #254 Coldar, May 5, 2011
    Last edited: May 5, 2011
  15. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I've started a new thread here. Hopefully we can make this the ultimate iOS adventure game list!

16. Evilized

Evilized Member

Jan 25, 2012
  17. Beneath a steel sky was awful. Simon the sorcerer was awful too. Monkey island 1 and 2 are the only 2 worth the money and time