Finding games similar to other games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TheIdlingSwan, Oct 20, 2010.

1. TheIdlingSwan

TheIdlingSwan New Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Hey guys,

This is a general question with a specific example. Does anyone if there a website that you can use to find similar games?

For example, i saw the thread about iTrials today and thought i'd have a look for other similar 3D games. The problem is searching for "trial" or "motorcycle trail" comes back with lots of irrelevant apps and of course 2d trail games.

What i really wanted is do a search matching these criteria:

• Game
    • Motorcycle
    • Trail
    • 3D

How do you guys find similar games?

2. Jypsy

Jypsy Active Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Janesville, WI
    This has always been an issue with the iTunes store since it relies on the description and other apps people have purchased to recommend similar titles.

I don't know of a site that is like that, but your best bet is search the TA forums to see what people said about the games you like and go from there, see if they mention other games they enjoy.

If iTunes had a Tag system it would be nice, but everything would be tagged "Similar to: ANGRY BIRDS AND CUT THE ROPE!" regardless of how it plays or its genre.

Personally I poke around the forums and read Appshopper.com to see if there are any deals, then just search the app store for a while until I stumble upon something interesting.

3. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Before anyone suggests Genius for Apps, I'd like to mention that it's worthless.

4. TheIdlingSwan

TheIdlingSwan New Member

Oct 20, 2010
    The "Customers also bought" feature is even more useless in this example (new apps) as not enough people have bought the app.

5. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Yeah-- it's almost always big name apps like Doodle Jump, PvZ, or other junk that I already have.

There really isn't anything that I can recommend except for posting on these forums. Or maybe Apptizr. It's not bad. It takes some work to manually put in which apps you have, though.