Poll Quest (Trump Vs Hillary) - Indie developer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by sumjai, Apr 18, 2016.

1. sumjai

sumjai Member

Jan 16, 2015
    Hi Everyone,

I am a brand new indie developer learning to develop my own games: ) I spent about 2-3 months doing the artwork and coding for my upcoming game called Poll Quest. I came up with this idea when me and a couple of my friends were having a chat about how hectic American Politics have become since Donald Trump entered the scene. So I went home and decided why not try to make a game centered around this hot topic and give everyone another avenue to cast a vote : )

Below are some screenshots. I borrowed the gameplay idea from Combo Quest and added some new features to it.

I'm going to list out some of the features that I already have in place. Please remember I am brand new at this so please leave me as much feedback as possible : )

1. Trump and Hillary - you get to choose which candidate you want to play with (Democratic Vs. Republicans) Should I add more characters?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. The goal of the home screen is to show how many Monsters each candidate has killed --> This then equates to a vote count which is updated in realtime on the home screen. I'm think of adding a map showing all the "votes" by tracking user IP then tracking how many monsters they kill --> so that we can see the "stats" for each state.

[​IMG]

3. Poop on Candidate - Just thought this was funny : ) - There are roughly 250 stages with every 5 stages being a "boss" stage.

[​IMG]

4. The end goal of the game is to collect all states (in the order for primaries) beat the game and become POTUS. But the ultimate ultimate goal is to help your candidate get as many votes as possible by killing as many monsters as possible.

[​IMG]

Well, this is my first take on developing a game. Really spent a lot of time on it. Any suggestions or feedback is definitely welcomed. Thank you! and a video for good measure : )

View My Video

PS : The images are distorted, actual game graphics are a lot more crisp.

2. lotiyu

lotiyu New Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Ireland
    It's quite fun to throw shoes! I have played combo quest before but it's too hard for me to play long. Is it as hard as combo quest?

3. sumjai

sumjai Member

Jan 16, 2015
    Yes, I was contemplating about whether or not to change it to tomatoes from the famous TRUMP post. It would say it is simpler than combo quest but you have more goals to accomplish compared to combo quest. Hope you guys will like it : )

4. sumjai

sumjai Member

Jan 16, 2015
    Any comments or feedback? It will be very much appreciated.

5. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    it looks so fun !!!! i will try it !!!