Polished, Addictive Pick Up and Play games with all the bells and whistles

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by cranker, Oct 9, 2009.

1. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    #1 cranker, Oct 9, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
    I just love Pick up and play type games and it's getting to the point where I really want polished graphics, openfeint or similar, achievements,....etc

Picked up Canabalt recently but with no global scores, even though I love the game, it loses it's "addictiveness" faster than it should with no Global Scores or achievements.

So I am looking for the best of the best in pick up and play type games that deliver the whole package...

Anyone have some suggestions ?

2. The_Running_Man

The_Running_Man Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Meteor Blitz is a good one to get if you don't have it already. It has achievements and almost no load times.

3. mezdup

mezdup Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2009
    minigore, knights onrush, pocket god

4. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Okay if you want polished pickup and play with good graphics and openfient achievements try alien glyphs...thats the only thing i can think of

5. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    duuuuude, galcon has me addicted right now. Get galcon labs tho, its way more addicting
    Inkvaders is pickup and play with very smooth polished graphics, there is a lite version out you can try.

6. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    orbital is also good...it has an interactive scoreboard that shows you how much you need to get to the next rank higher

7. switch-it

switch-it Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Denmark
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Scarecrow for sure. It's addictive, have a great presentation and feel to it, and there is online leaderboards and achievments with the best communityfeature out there: plus+

It's only 99 cents so be sure to check it out!

iTunes link

8. Broski

Broski Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Mr. Ahh! For sure

9. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Run! Its amazingly addictive.

I am beta testing the update right now, and the designer has succeeded in making it even more addictive by: (1) picking up the pace and (2) adding a new mode for folks that want an immediate challenge; (3) adding new obstacles that also look well done. But dont wait, Run! is a gem as it is.

10. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    any of the nimblebit games...and right now they're free!

11. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    Great !! Thnaks for the list. I have most of the mentioned games but have missed a few and will check them out.

Keep em coming :)

I am sure there are many people out there who love this type of quick play game and it's easy to miss one here or there, so all input is welcome and appreciated.

12. Jypsy

Jypsy Active Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Janesville, WI
    For me, there is only one real option when I get the urge for quick addictive fun....Skee Ball. Leaderboards, Achievements, great polish and even rewards for your tickets.

I can play a game in less than a minute or two, like while waiting in line at the supermarket, or a few games while on break at work!

13. dashzed

dashzed Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Doodle Jump.

It defines the genre:)

14. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    Dr. Awesome, Maze Finger, Minigore, and Topple 2.. The ngmoco ones are all free...

15. Veratek

Veratek Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    VERATEkĀ®
    washington
    Shotgun Granny, just give it a 'shot' and you shall be addicted, at least I am.
    AstroBlast, I've gotten more openfeint achievement points from this game then any other.
    Laser Core, good pick up and play action, achievements, and global HS.

all clockrocket games :D