Why was my thread locked, after one had been reposted just like it.

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by jchampl, Apr 10, 2009.

1. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

This morning I posted a thread about a game. Later I look at the forums and somebody had reposted the game with incorrect spelling. So I informed the person of the prior thread and hours later. My ORIGINAL thread was locked, and somebody fixed the name of the reposted title and all original posts I had made in the original thread were deleted. What is the deal, you are supposed to lock the reposted threads not the reverse.

here is my original thread posted at 1:47am April 10th
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=9240&highlight=soldierants

here is the repost at 10:44am April 10th
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=9265&highlight=soldierants

Hodapp edited the post to change the name to the correct name (which my thread had) and add material to the reposted thread at 11:51am, 21 minutes after I had posted that this was a repost of my thread and included a link.

Why did this happen? Please explain this to me, and the others that were following my thread. Also why were my posts deleted about this being a repost, why are you trying to hide that somebody messed up?

2. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    as i love eli's reviews (he is one of the best iphone reviewers in the WHOLE WEB), i'm not sure he makes the best decisions as a mod... i pmed him about this thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=4183 and still didn't get any answer.

3. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Yeah my posts were deleted out of that thread too when I said there was already a thread about SoldierAnts.

I wouldn't be surprised if this thread is deleted as well. :rolleyes:

4. jchampl

I whole heartedly agree, I enjoy reading his great reviews, however I'm not sure why Arn felt he should become a mod.

that thread about word games should not have been locked either. I was excited to play everyone's word games and see what I thought was the best, and now it's locked, that's crap! especially when stitch-em wanted to see how his game stacked up, and wanted to use that to improve. it seems like it was closed shortly after the rediculous poll was posted.

5. jchampl

I would hope not, I would just like to get to the bottom of this and the thread pante is talking about as well. Then I will let it go, and hopefully it won't happen again. Nuff said.

6. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    "ridiculous pool" that was made by eli. :(
    i don't know why it was closed, nothing wrong happened in it, no rules were broken, and can't find any purpose why it could be, as eli said, "reported".

:(

7. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

What difference does it make which of the two threads remained open? The one that is open now had the most recent posts in it and the best discussion taking place in it. I deleted the posts you made with all the eye rolling and thread crapping because it wasn't adding anything to the discussion and only served to get other people on the 'lulz serch b4 postin nub' bandwagon.

The other thread was closed because the guy who bumped the three month old thread didn't realize how old it was, and every game short of Textropolis has had a substantial update since the original discussion was started. He PM'd me, said he was just searching and found it and didn't check the posting date and asked me to close it so no one got confused.

8. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    1) you just could write the same thing to me. it takes only one minute, and with all support i gave you in other threads, and in comments at the main page i deserved for "small" respect.

2) it was a thread about "which of those games are better?". there is no purpose in closing it, no harm was caused. everything was nice and clean... and developers participated in it, cause they wanted to know what people thinl about their games, when they compare them to others.

9. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    But then he doesn't get the points for starting the thread on the game. :)

10. jchampl

yeah that's exactly what I posted....

I sure wish you didn't delete them because one in particular you deleted was simply the link to the original thread. where was the crapping, eye rolling, and lulz nubz in that? infact the only post you left alone was the one where I told him to search. you deleted my posts because you can,

lmao yeah it was most recent because it was reposted, and it didn't have anything more than my thread had. nobody had added anything to the thread until well after mine was locked. but thats cool from now on anything that's a repost I will assume will be the new thread and post any information in it, and it will be the most recent most helpful thread,

11. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

I get what could be best described as an avalanche of PM's in an average day from people wanting to get their game reviewed, ask me questions, and all kinds of other stuff. I try to go through them a couple times a day. I just got home and haven't had a chance to sort through them yet!

12. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    that's fair.
    peace. :)

but still... you shouldn't close the wordgame thread even if it was reported.

13. Myrobotwillneverdie

Myrobotwillneverdie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    SEPDX
    I would just like to say, thanks jchampl for being the first one to let all us here at TA know about soldier ants.

*credit given where credit was due*

14. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

[​IMG]

15. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    It sounds like you are cornerd :p (hodapp)

16. lcwz

lcwz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2008
    This is incredibly ridiculous, and petty.

And seriously? No one else notices how childish this is?