Possibly my favorite fps on the AppStore

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Pocketnova, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I dedicate this post to the old (but still amazing) MC2. This game may not have tons of polish, but I have the best memories of this game... Multiplayer was amazing, still is, and still quite active! MC4 may be better multiplayer wise, but MC2 is still my favorite.. While we're on the topic of MC4 multiplayer, I really preferred Manhunt when it was FFA.... Don't know why they changed it... Anyway, thanks for reading..

Now, what's YOUR favorite FPS game on the AppStore?

2. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Edit: could a mod change the title to "Possibly my favorite fps on the AppStore"

Sorry! Thank you!

3. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    What was my favourite? Eliminate. The absolute favourite fps. I'm sad it's gone. Here's to hoping it's re released someday with super sick epic graphics.

4. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Ya, heard about that one. Never tried it. It looked interesting though!

5. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Nova 3 controls really great. Was a steal for a dollar a few weeks ago.

6. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Indeed. Great game. Huge fan of the NOVA series. Prefer it over the MC series, actually.

7. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Thank you, mod!

8. zzandreezz

zzandreezz Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    USA
    Modern combat 4 got my credit. Amazing graphics!

9. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I never got into fps games. They always just consist of the same scenario...

I walk around, see an enemy, frantically try to shoot him but he kills me first in 1-2 hits regardless of times I think I shot him. Or I just walk around and get killed by an enemy I didn't see. That happens for about 15 min, I get frustrated and delete. Been the same way since goldeneye. I just suck at fps.

10. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    For some reason the sensitivity seemed too low at max with MC4 >_>

11. basil

basil Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Mission Europa looks like it would be my favorite. Why support realistic warfare?

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I've always been into futuristic themes so the NOVA titles are always top-notch in my book.

I also loved Black Dawn and im looking forward to its re-release.

Then there's the 2 Clear Vision games which are definitely among the best FPS for me, despite being short. It's more a static sniper game, but it's still shooting in first person, right? :)

13. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I think my favorite iOSFPS was and is Call of Duty World At War zombies. Solid controls, fun as heck gameplay. Never gets old. I just wish it would get updated with widescreen support... :/

14. Vector

Vector Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2013
    California
    Modern Combat 3! and N.Y Zombiez

15. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Always love N.O.V.A.
    Also archetype. That is pure arena fps, no worry about create a class or ranks, just raw twitch and skill.
    Infinity project 1 was fun. Didn't finish 2.
    Any you mates played it?

16. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Why do you always stick to free ?

Devs need to eat ! If we all stuck to free then most app devs would go bankrupt and we get less games. We buy games, devs make money and then make more games for us.

17. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Can't believe no ones brought up archetype.
    Absolutely great MP.
    Infinity Project was fun at its time.

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Well.. right now, i know how Dead Trigger plays and how i like it, and what needs to be improved.

Anyone think Dead Trigger 2 will be big? As in... BIG?

19. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Well said; Mission Europa is great. I love the difficulty and detailed customization.

Doomsday II: Hell on Earth is a lot of fun and has an insane amount of free downloadable content. It's a great Doom throwback that works well on iOS. The General Arcade first person shooters should not be overlooked (Doomsday series, Shadow Warrior, etc).

20. #20 Connector, May 20, 2013
    Last edited: May 20, 2013
    Definately not Dead Trigger though it is not bad. I am looking forward to Dead Trigger 2 though.

[​IMG]

Guess I would say Nova 3. I love the theme, cool graphics, great sound and music, and the look of the enemies.

Plus it plays well great on the Gameloft duo gamer joystick which is cool cause playing with a true dual stick analog joystick is awesome.

Also, it has airplay widescreen support which is cool. Lots of cool features, a real tech demo in many ways.

[​IMG]