So many games! No more pages!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Revlisoft, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Revlisoft

Revlisoft Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2009
    All my 11 pages have been filled up! So many good games. I wish Apple will give us more pages/categories and a way to remove games but retain the savedata.

PS: I know there are hidden pages but it's annoying having to type in the name.

2. galaxygrrl

galaxygrrl Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Categories is a good reason to jail break your iphone. :)

3. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    You can glitch extra visible pages. I have 20 now.
    Here's what you do:

1 Move voice recorder or another "undeletable" app icon to the last spot on page 11, i.e. page 11 has to be full with last spot being occupied by voice recorder.
    2 Make sure the front page is full of apps.
    3 Go to page 11 and move one of the apps from the bottom bar in place of voice recorder app, thus pushing it into another page.
    4 Reboot. You should now have a free second page.

4. phonk

phonk Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Although there might be a reason why apple limited the number of visible pages...

5. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    It's because older devices don't have enough RAM to handle the extra icons; however, I'm not sure why they didn't just give more pages to the newer devices and have a lower limit of pages on older devices.

6. mrcc

mrcc Well-Known Member

if u complete a game 100% why dont u uninstall it?

7. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    ...if you do this, whatever you do don't use the applications tab of you idevice's summary to manage any of your programs if you are using OS 3.1.2; otherwise, when you sync, all your extra pages will be gone (the apps and data are all perfectly safe) and you'll have to spend the time to re-glitch your pages

...it works wonderfully tho...I have around 22 pages now

8. jyhjyh

jyhjyh Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Denmark

What is "you idevice's summary" :confused:

9. jyhjyh

jyhjyh Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Denmark
    #9 jyhjyh, Nov 20, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
    Oh - now I figured it out.

It's the Resumé tab in my Danish iTunes. (Summary in the English version).

10. mek

mek Well-Known Member

i surpased the 144 a long time ago, i think i have 264 apps on my device, non jailbroken

i don't even use the screens anymore, i just do a search

i do wish, however that devs would name their apps what the app name is
    i have encountered some apps that are named one thing, but on the device, they are abbreviated and or named something else, so they don't come up in a search under their name..which is awkward

11. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    533 apps currently on my iPod Touch. :)

Love the search function. ;)

The page thing in iTunes is great, but I wish I could drag items from the list on the left to the pages on the right - otherwise if you have more apps than pages, you can't reorder the extra ones at all.

Nor can you delete them or anything on your device.

I need to play through some of the shorter/crappier games, but I keep getting too many things here on TA! Yesterday I got Tiki Totems, Cliffed, Ravensword and Quitit, amongst some others! :eek:

12. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    I use the standard 11 pages but have over 230 apps. I only sync about 10 pages at a time from my computer to my itouch. It gets annoying but if I glitched extra pages, I would not get to use the arranger in the applications tab. I used to have all of my apps synced to my idevice, but it got way to confusing having so many hidden apps.

13. Bullroarer

Bullroarer Active Member

Nov 6, 2009
    It seems kind of ridiculous to have 22 pages of apps, when you're finished playing one (I can't seriously believe that you play all of them) just remove it from your iPod, it will still be in iTunes.