Award-Winning TV Writer Bringing Series to iOS; Creating Team of Developers/Artists

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by MICHAELSD, Jul 2, 2013.

1. MICHAELSD

MICHAELSD Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    #1 MICHAELSD, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
    Be apart of creating a whole new category of iOS experiences. A Critics' Choice TV Award-winning writer (myself) that has experience working with Showtime, HBO, and Fox is looking to establish a team of devoted developers/artists to create what can only be called an "interactive cinematic experience" for all platforms, beginning with iOS. Featuring a story of such quality and depth that it has been in production already with a $25k budget (the only reason it was not created under this deal was that the development company's previous game didn't turn over a profit), this is a project that even seasoned applicants will find unique. Rather than waiting around for the next development company to pick it up, I would like to establish a team of my own to bring this to life. Developers and artists with adventure game or interactive storybook experience are a step ahead, but I will consider all applicants.

The priority here is finding developers. Whether the app will take on a 3D or 2D design is dependent on the team the project is able to attract at this point in time. Story is the forefront of the experience, but we can create a rich gaming component as well provided we have the right team.

Marketing is already secured on three sites that will yield a potential launch audience of up to a million (definitively at least a six-figure audience that will see advertising for the series).

This post is more of a hopeful fishing rod :)D at that metaphor...) than a guaranteed job. It is about finding who is out there and willing to go along with such a project. Let me be upfront and say that this is a profit-sharing model, however earning potential is significant with the marketing in place and the distinctiveness of the project. Even if we cannot establish a team that agrees upon financial terms now, this may be a project that reprises its role in a few years with an actual budget; in that case, I'll make sure to look back through applicants from this initial posting.

2. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    It's a bit hard to say without more details. Generally I don't think developers like profit sharing other people's ideas but if the story/idea is good enough it is a possibility.

Can you tell us anymore about the concept? Either here or pm.

3. MICHAELSD

Jan 4, 2010
    I can post a longer synopsis tomorrow and share additional details with applicants such as yourself (by the way, The Woods received a glowing review on iPhone Alley when the site was still active -- not trying to be a kiss-up but... :cool:).

The main twist here is that the premise is much more suited for a TV series than a game, but that's what makes it a completely unique experience. It's also driven by hundreds upon hundreds of lines of dialog per episode, much in the same way a television series is. This is a format that can create its own genre, or can incorporate adventure game aspects. For developers looking to be involved with a project that can create its own category in iOS and contribute to the conception of what an "interactive made-for-cable story" iOS experience dictates, this is an opportunity to breakaway from the less ambitious projects that get lost in the 800,000+ App Store.

4. Graz73

Graz73 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Web Design, Graphics & Illustration
    Mansfield, OH
    You're familiar with things like Telltale games' "The Walking Dead" narrative heavy apps, right?

Working on something like that might be great. I'll email you info.

5. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    well Im interested to know more, you can pm if you wish.

6. MICHAELSD

Jan 4, 2010
    #6 MICHAELSD, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
    Completely familiar with what's out already, but this has potential to be completely different to that game. In '08 I had originally gotten the idea for a narrative-driven interactive iOS game and my original concept was ironically based around I Am Legend, but with more survivors. That would have been an amazing title, but it was too ahead of its time and too costly. Perhaps it would have received the acclaim that The Walking Dead game did, but it's too late to find out. I wouldn't mind revisiting that although I'm pretty sure I've lost the original 3-5 season plan for it.

My new premise has no zombies as that is desperately cliché :D. The constantly-revised new version has very much so a story that will hit an emotional chord with players.