Is there a Commando's iPhone version?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Woooter, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Woooter

Woooter Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Hey everyone,

Do people remember the Commandos series of games? They were really cool and fun. Does anyone know of similar games on the iPhone?

Game Dev's out there, please port these games over. They were a LOT of fun!

2. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Holy crap! I remember that game. I didn't know anyone else would remember it, let alone make a thread about it. Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines was awesome, one of my first PC games that I ever bought. I remember it being pretty hard, although now I'm much better at games I would probably find it easier now.

I haven't yet seen a similar game for the iPhone, but I'd love it if there was one. Another similar PC game was the "Army Men" series (with the plastic army men). I used to love that game too, and it would be great to have on iPhone.

3. Woooter

Woooter Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Wow I also played Army men and yes I remember it too. although i prefer Commandos due to the creative thinking required! And boy was it hard.... but i thought it was one of the best games of its time in that genre.

Hopefully its in the works.....

4. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I saw Behind Enemy Lines online once... it looked like a pretty fun game. Is it actually that good?

And I remember that Army Men game for the PC... The old-school, isometric shooter around the time of Windows 95, right? That game was actually pretty fun.

5. GordonFreeman

GordonFreeman Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    No, there is not. I am waiting for it. I really love Commando I and I think it would be great on iPhone/iPad.

6. Puzbox

Puzbox Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Making fun games
    London
    got a 50% done version of it on iphone which i've shelved for now due to lack of market interest. if you guys are really into this, pm me with some proof why it would work :p

7. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe

:eek:
    Sounds great!!

8. alfaromeo15603

alfaromeo15603 New Member

Oct 19, 2010
    athens
    i am still hoping that one day i will see commandos in iphone.it was a perfect game

9. jeandenishaas

jeandenishaas Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 29, 2010
    Senior Lead Animator at ILM
    US
    I know this is an old thread by now but I can only agree. Would love to see Commandos on the iPad.

10. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Looks like a lesser version of Tiny Troopers 1 & 2, and still not anything like Commandos.

11. Kenoakee

Kenoakee New Member

Dec 17, 2015
    I played two of the commandos series as well and would be stoked to see an iOS app version of these games. Yes they were pretty tricky to figure out, made you use the noodle.:)