Game loft and Game Center

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dogface, Dec 29, 2010.

1. dogface

dogface Well-Known Member

Anyone know why there seems to be no Game loft games with Game Center?

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Seems they've invested pretty heavily in their own proprietary Gameloft Live service which does the same thing and allows them to cross-promote their games like crazy.

3. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    There are Gameloft games with GameCenter

-Dungeon Hunter 2
    -Nova 2
    -Star Battalion

And they have said they will include it in more games to.

Maybe you should research this before you say things like this.

4. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    they easily could update some of their games with some neat achievements and gamecenter but somehow the "big players" (EA, Gameloft et al.) dont feel that way and give a ** on updates with gamecenter, so hoped for some of them as I read gamelofts star battalion has gc...

5. leslie2233

leslie2233 Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    no its only dungeon hunter 2 & star battalion & nobody plays star battalion online & people only play dungeon hunter 2 online in gameloft live.

6. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Ok, But my point is Gameloft do use Gamecenter.

7. dogface

All right. Calm down! I did say "seem" as in I wasn't definitely sure.

8. ipod_david

May 3, 2010
    so hoped for the racing academy being enhanced with gamecenter and achivements but instead they use the stupid gameloft online crap

9. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I prefer Gameloft Live anyway. In terms of achievements, Game Center is stupid. I don't know and don't care how many achievement points I have in Game Center. To me, it's pointless. So many casual games offer Game Center support that, much like with Open Feint, it takes away whatever meaning that the achievement system might have. Ulta simplistic/casual games should not offer achievements. With a lot of these games there is, in my opinion, nothing to "achieve" in the first place. Since Gameloft does not develop any casual games and therefore Gameloft Live does support any casual games, it's the only achievement system to me that has any inherent value.

10. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    I say they put gamecenter compatibility with every game and the owner of the idevice choose if they want to use it or not. Who's with me?

11. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Maybe you should research this before you say things like this.

[​IMG]

No Game Center icon :confused:

12. ipod_david

May 3, 2010
    POPcap!!! Do some GC-Love in PvZ and Chuzzle and and and!!!

13. dogface

I don't care about my achievement score but it just adds a little to the game, helps you gauge how you're doing and sometimes actually make me play a game I might have ignored.

14. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    So no ones with me?

15. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    I'm with you. An opt out policy!!

16. Dx_0628

Dx_0628 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Creating ideas for future gaming.
    N.O.V.A. 2 does not have gamecenter!

17. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Yeh. A few months ago i was reading a thing from Gameloft saying that it was having GC. But since the release i havent checked it out so i thought it did have GC when it does not.

18. dogface

Zing! Lol people are pretty picky on here!

19. alchemistrpm

alchemistrpm Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    #19 alchemistrpm, Dec 30, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
    It's the fact that there's no set amount of points per game which makes me ambivalent towards GC achievements. One game has 1000 while another has 350 etc. Thats why folks here talk achievement quantities rather than points (an the fact that achievement # is visible, and not total points), though the same problem exists with that too.

I agree with the poster who said GC makes it easier to gauge how you're performing in a game, I like that too. Achievements coupled with leaderboards, and the fact that all your GC games can be launched from within the app.

On topic, Gameloft apparently prioritizes GC for their online co-op games atm. It's a shame, as Black Pegasus, NOVA 2 and Asphalt 6 would be great with GC...

Who knows if we'll see Gameloft warm up to GC to the point that at least all their multiplayer games support it? At least they haven't shunned the service entirely. I still think Apple should have a tier system in the app store, where top tier games are required to support GC.