is krazy kart coming out in the US?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jman47886, Aug 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jman47886

jman47886 Active Member

Mar 13, 2009
    I was just wondering if krazy kart was coming out in the US app store and if so when?

2. IKnowHow2Fly

IKnowHow2Fly Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Yes, it should be in the near future.
    Konami always delays the release of their games in US for some reason.

3. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    It's definitely coming out, why else would they give all the U.S. reviewer websites final builds of the game. As far as when, you can try contacting Konami and asking them but I don't know how far you'll get.

4. jman47886

jman47886 Active Member

Mar 13, 2009
    ok thanks guys.

5. TKO

TKO Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    I'd suggest waiting for a lite version, IMHO it's not very good. It's a rough, old-school Mario Kart clone ..the tracks and audio have that retro 8-bit feel, and the audio is downright annoying. Unfortunately the tracks also have that very 8-bit 45-degree-corner design too, and just aren't fun. (too many mean traps.) It's not even up to the level of N64 or DS Mario Kart, which had much more fun, carefully designed, sweeping tracks.

Maybe Shrek will be better. I'd feel ripped off if I'd spent a couple of bucks on Krazy Kart. After spending eight, I down right hate Konami.

6. P0tent1al

P0tent1al Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    European Account Manager
    United Kingdom
    I have to agree.... definitely wait for a lite before purchasing this, definitely a disappointing buy and definitely not worth a full price purchase.
    :(

7. adbjmb

adbjmb Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Thanks for the advice to those who already have it. It looks like it's going to be a dud before it even comes out in the United States. I saw the video and i was not impressed even a little bit. Thanks for the warnings.

8. TKO

TKO Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    You're welcome. ..I'm quite disappointed to find it such a rough game. I like the Mario Kart games (and racing games in general.) I'm keen to see a good Mario Kart clone appear, and this sounded like it had all the elements. But if the tracks aren't fun, and the sound just grates - the title song is even in mono(!) - even I can't put up with it.

I deleted it after around half an hour of play. *sigh*

9. Ktcf11

Ktcf11 Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    IN
    I have only watched the video, but I sort of like the sounds/music. It reminds me a lot of Konami's Krazy Racers that I used to have for my GBA. Its pretty much the exact same music with a little polish. Depending on the price i'll probably still get it even though a lot of people aren't too happy with it.

10. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    its actually not the worst game in the world and i was as sceptical as anyone before purchase. im not sure its worth the premium price in its current build altho i hope the US version has a much improved online multiplay.

the EU online mode is so bad its a propper joke. i now you rely on others for this feature but what there is was a huge disappointment tho and crashes endlessly.

the sound i also agree is annoying, an option to turn off just the music? no dont be daft, would waste a valuble 15 mins of coding! siiiigh

11. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    You're not missing anything. I just viewed some of the videos and it looks really tedious. I didn't buy it cracked either. I don't even own it, I say wait for Shrek Kart to blow this out of the water.

12. ccohen322

ccohen322 Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    i hope shrek turns out to be better!

13. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    And I hope Asphalt 5 is better than that!

14. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    So how does this compare to Crash Bandikoot?

15. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Shrek Kart will be way better. And will actually have a FAIR price. 7.99? C'mon

16. TKO

TKO Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    I didn't delete Crash Bandicoot after the first session. :D

Crash has tracks with nice curves that don't disorient. The Krazy Kart tracks are amateurish in design and have some downright mean bits that randomly punish, regardless of driving skill. The *only* thing I can think of that Krazy Kart does better than Crash is the frame-rate. Crash easily beats in 'fun-ness' :)

If you were going to choose between one of them, I say the choice is easy: Crash.