Daredevil Dave 2 - Avail Dec 12 2015

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by schplurg, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

Thank you!

I was nervous about letting people see the game in the current state. The video was fun to make though!

New Game Mode!
    There is a crazy new game mode I am going to add to the game. It's Top Secret :eek: All I can say right now is that players will love the new mode, though Dave will probably not be very thrilled!

:D

2. danstar25

danstar25 Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Looks good!! Cant wait for the finished product. Great ios game. 1st person view looks real good and although your not finished the details look much better!!

3. schplurg

Thank you! Workin hard, even on a nice sunny Saturday. When you enjoy your work it makes it a lot easier - kinda.

4. schplurg

#184 schplurg, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
    Hello!

I am working on an Alien Zombie Clown jump, or something like that! Figured since I haven't posted in awhile I'd throw something up here.

Pictures appear dark in my browser window. The roadside objects, trees should be clearly visible.

[​IMG]

Not real pretty yet but....
    [​IMG]

Actually, there is no jump in this level. Story is that a circus left town but the clowns stayed behind, along with their "Funhouse". Zombie clowns are heading towards town! Dave's job is to ride up the road, dispatching any clown zombies along the way, then destroying whatever it is that's creating these horrible beings! Non-beings?

Clowns - you either love em, or you wanna kill em. There's a lot of humor in this level (especially once you see my clowns). There are also good places to crash for Injury Mode, etc.

The game will be compatible with the iPhone 5, iPad Mini with new trapezoid display, the rumored "MaxiPad", Ultra Mini, and any other new devices that come out between now and release (slow down Apple!).

:D

5. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Was not impressed with the first one. Didnot see what the hype was about. While the premise was a good one, the game lacked any real substance and gameplay was just not fun. At least for me. I'm hoping things change in the sequel, but I'm not getting my hopes up

6. schplurg

Thanks for the input!

What would have made the game more interesting to you? I hear a lot from Dave's fans, but I am just as interested in hearing from people who didn't like it :)

Daredevil Dave 1 wasn't really about substance I guess, it was a ragdoll game with a motorcycle. Dave 2 will be much more interesting.

To everyone: Yes, I am still working on the game! Any comments or ideas are always welcome.

7. MobileMaster88

Oct 15, 2012
    This title looks awesome....

I cannot wait to play this one. I like the fact that you can crash the character into the audience and other objects.

:eek:

8. schplurg

Everyone loves to hurt poor Dave! So do I! That's one thing I like about this game - you can get serious and try to land the jumps, or you can have mindless fun bashing him around.

9. schplurg

#189 schplurg, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
    Howdy Dave fans, and Fastbridge ;)

Just a note here that I've deleted Dave's Facebook page (as well as my own). Permanently, it won't be back. Just an FYI.

The game is still under development - of course!

Dave 2 News:

The "House Of Pain" jump from the first game was one of the most popular by far. In that jump, there was no safe way to land Dave. The object was to crash him deliberately and injure him as much as possible.

I am now working on one of these types of jumps for Dave 2! In fact, there will be many of these in Daredevil Dave 2. This one involves a steep hillside, rocks, and much agony!

Fast-Forward button
    Ya, kind of a weird announcement, but for those of you who get frustrated waiting for Dave to finish crashing after failing a jump repeatedly, there will be a fast-forward button that will allow you to skip to the end of the crash while still receiving the same damage and injuries. I don't know man - I like watching and hearing him crash, so I won't use the button myself!

Other Notes
    Someone emailed me from the site and when I tried to respond, the email got returned - bad address. So if you're that person...I tried! Unfortunately, the person was asking if there was going to be a sequel, which means he never saw this thread in the first place, which means he probably won't see this message. Hmmm.

Well I answer every email so it bummed me out that he didn't get a response. If anyone wants to email me you can use my Super-Crappy Contact Page, located on my equally crappy website (I gave up trying to design websites long ago). You can also just type "mike" (that's me) in front of mdigitalmedia.com. Dave really needs a website, bad.

If anyone is wondering, Dave 1 will not be updated again. It would be a technical nightmare, partially due to the major changes with devices and OS's since the game was released, and with the way the game was designed. So there will be no iPhone 5 widescreen update for Dave 1.

I also removed the free versions from the App Store. The concept of Free or Lite versions seems to have changed a lot, and they didn't quite fit in anymore.

A gigantic THANK YOU to everyone who has purchased Dave 1! Daredevil Dave: Motorcycle Stuntman! was released in May 2010 and is still around the top 50 in Racing. To those of you who have recently downloaded it, thank you!!!!! I love you!!! Sorry the graphics aren't up to par with newer games though lol :eek:

10. schplurg

Has anybody noticed that Daredevil Dave 1 runs really slow on the iPhone 5?

It's running really bad on my new phone so I'd like to find out if there is an issue.

Dave 2 still underway!!!

11. danstar25

danstar25 Member

Apr 27, 2010
    I can confirm that it runs the same on my iphone 5. In fact, I finally decided to just delete it because it was just not playable..

12. schplurg

Okay, thanks for letting me know. I'll see what I can do about it. Trying to add a note about it on the app store description but I have to include new higher res screenshots now, so I need to make those first (out of my low res game).

Strange how a three year old game is running miserably slow on one of the fastest mobile gadgets in the world.

I read a recent app store review that said the game didn't have a lot of substance etc. It's funny how much things have changed on the app store in three years.

Games didn't have much substance back then. I almost released the game with HALF the amount of jumps that it has (that woulda sucked). There was no Madden NFL back then, no Need For Speed (I think), no IAP. No real multiplayer.

Things have sure changed, and it's awesome, for the most part. But peoples expectations are higher so it takes more time to make a good game.

Anyways, back to work!

13. schplurg

Hello fellow TouchArcadians! Or Arcaders...

Daredevil Dave 2 Update!

Thought I'd toss out a few Daredevil Dave 2 screenshots, as well as a little info (still trying to finalize a title!). This level is only partially built so some things may look weird. Oh, there's a free copy of Daredevil Dave 2 being given away (when available) somewhere in this post! I'll give the winner a copy of the old game too if they don't already have it.

This location will have several different jumps to land, as well as some other tasks you can accomplish as well. Daredevil Dave 2 will give the player more options, unlike the first game. Many MANY more options (this is gonna be so awesome!!!)

Many of the levels in DD2 will have multiple jumps or stunts, as well as secrets, achievements, powerups. You will be able to spend time perfecting each jump without fear of losing the game and starting over (as with the old game).

This view is from the launch ramp. Dave just loves rooftop jumps! Not! As you can see, there is quite a bit going on here. You can jump through the framed building, or over it, or around it even. Most likely, you'll smash into it a few times as well. You can even steer around the ramp and ride right off the building if you want to and see how that goes! You can take Dave anywhere you want in Daredevil Dave 2!
    [​IMG]

It's a long, painful, bouncing (and even explosive) fall to the ground! Watch those acetylene tanks!
    [​IMG]

There will be three main jumps to land. Below you can see one of the landing "ramps"...it's the "down ramp" on the roof of the parking garage in the foreground. Haha! (this image is not in-game)
    [​IMG]

If you're really good you might be able to hit one of the lower parking levels as well by landing a little short. There is no safe landing there, but you may find a good reason to land there anyways when you play ;)
    [​IMG]

Dave "crashes the party". This will be one of the achievements on this level. We're still working on the explosion effect, mainly replacing the flying "chunks" with better material:
    [​IMG]

There are many places for Dave to explore - such as the interior of this rooftop penthouse apartment (below)! Unfortunately, exploring often requires crashing. Dave seems a little small for those chairs, hmmm. Free game giveaway for the first person who can tell me who the guy on the big screen TV is!!! Yes, this is a contest! The first correct UNEDITED post in this thread wins.
    [​IMG]

Still incomplete, but coming along nicely. Remember these are early images. Needs more buildings and better terrain. I'll have to figure out something sneaky to do with that crane too.
    [​IMG]

I am putting everything I have into this game. Daredevil Dave 2 will be filled to the brim with action, pain, explosions, destruction and general mayhem. And all that without firing a single shot at anything or anyone (in the game of course)!

By the way, if you don't already have Daredevil Dave: Motorcycle Stuntman! (the first game), check it out HERE! Daredevil Dave is a completely original game! There is nothing else like it on the App Store, or anywhere else for that matter. He is the original motorcycle stuntman on iOS! It's an oldie but a goodie, and still doing fairly well in the App Store!

Any questions are comments are welcome!

Happy Holidays!!!

14. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    iPod 4 support?

15. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Is it James Bond?

16. schplurg

Nope, it is not Mr. Bond!

I'll give a hint...you may not know the persons actual real name.

If anyone doesn't know what we're talking about, there's a little contest hidden in my previous post ;)

17. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Al Pacino?

18. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Please answer :)

19. schplurg

I'm trying to remember all the different models and how they compare. The game runs on the iPhone 4. I am dropping support for the 3GS.

I think the 4th gen Touch is almost as fast as the iPhone 4, with half the RAM. If that is correct, then it should run on the 4th gen Touch. I don't have one to test on.

If I'm mistaken on the model comparison, please let me know. I can't easily look it up right now. I actually wrote the long post above yesterday when I wasn't so busy, but I posted it today.

20. schplurg

Nope, not Al! You may need to think a little outside the box on this one.