Possible ports thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Kenan2000, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Shortly,this thread is about me and other TA users posting their opinions and thoughts on future iOS ports,like which games might be ported very soon and which might not.

I'll start:

1) Max Payne 2,should not be too hard for Rockstar.No?I mean,if they managed to port GTA SA then porting MP 2 will be a walk in the park for them,especially with all the money and success they have received from appstore purchases...

2) Hitman series,Square Enix obviously proved to be a good mobile games company in all possible ways.From awesome spinoffs like Hitman GO,Hitman sniper,Lara Croft GO to crazy amount of ports of games of different genres.At least first Hitman parts should be ported without a struggle.Same can be said about Just Cause 1 but that game is not that popular to say the least...

3) "Resident evil...4!",can be complicated but not due to porting problems but due to the fact that Capcom needs to get their sh#t together with all these broken games for many different reasons,after all,they're still fixing Ghost Trick and I sincerely hope that they have not forgotten about MHFU.

4) EA premium games?Meh,i don't think so.They are too greedy,way too greedy,I'm sure that they won't even bother trying to port some of their older games on iOS like Sims 2 or first Battlefields.Them taking down Pandemic completely destroyed the chances of seeing SW battlefront port on iOS,I hope that someone will prove me wrong.

Feel free to criticize my opinion and share your own thoughts and predictions about future ports.

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I would KILL (kill I say) to have RE4 on mobile. Not the stupid chopped up version that was released years ago. At the same time, I don't care for the enhanced remake. I just want RE4.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #3 Exact-Psience, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    As far as ports go, at this point, i like to be surprised with new ports. Nothing beats a gush of nostalgia hitting you in the face to produce random reactions.

For wishlists, well... There are few i want to see on iOS, and here are some of them:

Shadow of the Colossus
    ICO
    Shovel Knight
    Rogue Legacy
    Symphony of the Night
    Zettai Hero Project
    Zone of the Enders
    Spiderman (the series from PSX)
    Mario 64
    Tekken (anything from pt3 and up would be perfect)
    Elite Beat Agents
    Prof Layton (the original releases)
    Vagrant Story
    Parasite Eve 1
    Dino Crisis 2
    Solomon's Key
    Breath of Fire 5 (yes FIVE, the roguelike one, as i got tired of the cookie cutter BOF formula, although the spell combos in 4 were really fresh at the time)
    Onimusha 1 to 4
    Ninja Gaiden (the one from the NDS)
    Devil May Cry 1-3 (even though 2 is crap)

And for Gameloft, if you re-release NOVA 1 and 2 (no stupid freemium remakes plox), i would gladly buy them again.

4. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Ico & Shadow of the Collossus? Oh yeah!! How bout we claim it now m'Lord =
    The Last Guardian

You do realize you posted posted Symphony of the Night Symphony of the Night twice twice right right... ...

5. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I would do anything for ports of Wetrix on N64 and Burning Force, the Genesis version. Maybe the original Outrun too.
    And Iron Angel of the Apocalypse, an old 3DO game that was underrated.

6. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Parasite eve and Dragon Age Origins. I'm pretty sure current gen hardware can handle these

7. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    #7 RHess00, Nov 8, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    Twisted Metal Black. Or any Twisted Metal game for that matter. I can't understand why this hasn't happened yet. I can't think of any decent arena type car combat games on iOS.

8. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Anime 2D Fighters

9. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Just port PS NOW to iOS & ill gladly pay the subscription fee! Controls would be atrocious even with MFi as MFI lacks L3 & R3 but those buttons are so rarely used

Oh and some GC, PS2 & Xbox classics please, that generation is clearly possible... Look at you too Valve, but then again why feed into the industry that may kill off PC's all together ?