The Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Jan 6, 2014.

1. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Trying to make things sound easier, is Afterbirth an update to the game where you have to beat Rebirth first? Or...does Afterbirth add features that are incorporated into the game, such as new bosses and Greed mode?

I've read Wikipedia pages and walkthroughs but still confused here...

2. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I don't know the answer for sure as I've only played some of it before they added Afterbirth, but i think it's just more stuff to the game. I don't think there's an order to it.

3. DonnyDJ76

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Crunc, thank you, you are correct! After playing more I realized this...

4. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Bought Broforce, Guacamelee & Hotline Miami 2. Started to play Broforce, it's really fun. A really cool Action platformer with a lot of stuff going on.:)

I wanted to buy more but missed the sale because I'm working at night at the moment.

Finished Abzu & it was a really cool underwater experience! Looking forward to buy more indie games with a physical copy release.

5. DonnyDJ76

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Has anybody picked up The Show? If so please share any brief impressions...

6. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I'd like to try The Show, but instead I bought Salt & Sanctuary using my 20% off coupon. Probably not going to start it up until I finish Horizon, though.

7. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    #1087 crunc, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    There's a new PSN Humble Bundle. Some pretty cool games on the list. I went in for $15. The beat the average price is going up and up:

https://www.humblebundle.com/thq-nordic-playstation-bundle?utm_source=PlayStation&utm_medium=Link&utm_campaign=THQ_Nordic_PlayStation_Announce

For $1 or more, you get:
    The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (PS4)
    Red Faction (PS4)
    Super Dungeon Bros. (PS4)
    Deponia (PS4)
    ArcaniA: The Complete Tale (PS4)

If you “beat the average” price for the bundle, you’ll get all the above plus:
    Legend of Kay Anniversary (PS3 & PS4)
    Battle Worlds Kronos (PS4)
    Destroy All Humans! (PS4)
    Destroy All Humans! 2 (PS4)

Pay $15 or more to get everything above plus:
    MX vs. ATV Supercross (PS3)
    Darksiders (PS3)
    Darksiders II (PS3)
    MX vs. ATV Supercross Encore (PS4)
    Darksiders Warmastered (PS4)
    Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition (PS4)

8. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I picked it up on Opening Day, and finally got to play it yesterday. I've only played the tutorial game and the first game of a Season mode. I'm so impressed by the options, ease of controls, and production value. This is my first The Show on a home console, and it's amazing.

Personally, I'll probably never touch online multiplayer and Diamond Dynasty. If I wanted a F2P card-collecting baseball game, I'd probably play for free on my phone instead of a $70 PS4 game, but I've heard there's been some server issues for those trying to play that mode.

I'm excited to try RTTS and Retro. I mean, there's just so much to this game. I don't know if I'll even have enough time to play OOTP this year!

9. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    I nearly bought Destroy All Humans! on a few occasions. Glad I waited. More PSN Humble Bundles please.

10. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I picked up Flinthook just before the launch 10% discount ended. It's really fun. 2D platformer rogue-like, of the Rogue Legacy sort in that there are permanent upgrades. Also has daily and weekly challenges. Though one issue is that the leaderboards don't update right away, which is OK for the regular game, but for the daily challenge it's an issue because you don't get to see where you are on the leaderboard right after the round ends. Hopefully they can improve that. Anyway, the game is great. I definitely recommend it.

11. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I picked up and have been enjoying Dragon Quest Heroes II. I'm not a huge fighting game fan, but I absolutely love Dragon Quest. Thankfully, this one is quite fun even with all that button mashing. It has me really excited for Dragon Quest XI.

12. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Sony went with "gofobo" for tickets for their E3 Experience (I went last year and it was fun and we all got $10 PSN cash). Gofobo exploded. Anyone have luck getting tickets?

13. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    SUPERBEAT XONiC PS4 is out today in the US. If you like rhythm games I highly recommend it. It's my favorite rhythm game in quite a while. I'm going to get the PS4 version, but going to wait for a price drop since I already have it on Vita. The PS4 version does come with a bunch of the Vita DLC, though.

14. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Is it like Amplitude?

15. DonnyDJ76

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    So glad I picked up the Wipeout Mega Collection! For us older folks, it's a good idea to turn on the pilot assist. You even get a trophy for it:D:D

Superbeat Xonic and Amplitude are both rhythm games but the gameplay is completely different. Amplitude is a PS2 remake where you are concentrating on switching lanes while keeping a beat. Superbeat Xonic has been better received in general (when it was on the Vita) and the controls on the PS4 are even better. If you watch videos on YouTube, you'll see a huge difference in gameplay and music between the two. (Not the greatest explaining the gameplay here).

16. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Just brought the PS4 VR headset, camera and move controllers.

What's the best VR experience on PS4 so far?

17. DonnyDJ76

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Crash Bandicoot got an 8.5 on IGN. Wondering what others think about Micro Machines World Series releasing tomorrow...

18. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I'm digging Crash, but the spin move is touchy! I'm dying a lot because of that. Pissing me off! #I'll probably get better at it after a bit! I'm thinking about picking up Wipeout Omega, as it looks awesome! Is it tough? Wondering about the game play and such. Should I bother? Whaduya think?

19. DonnyDJ76

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Wipeout runs very smoothly, it feels like there are so many tracks because there are three games incorporated into one. The controls are extremely tight and well done, there is a pilot assist function throughout the game so that you aren't bumping into walls. You even get a trophy for using pilot assist and it doesn't effect you achieving over trophies. I've been bouncing back and forth with this and Absolute Drift. On a random note the most underrated game IMHO is Dangerous Golf. Tons of fun!

20. DonnyDJ76

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Bigrand1, hopefully you didn't pick up Micro Machines. Decided to wait for reviews and well...let's just say I saved $30. Get Wipeout Omega!##