Trigger Fist (by Lake Effect Applications)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Rip73, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #1 Rip73, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
    Hey guys,
    caught wind of this game a few days back.

It's submitted to Apple and currently awaiting approval. It's built on Unity so it looks very good.

And the capture the goat mode just looks very funny.

Link to their Facebook for more info on the game.
    http://www.facebook.com/triggerfist

Link to developers Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/LakeEffectApps

Link to the touch arcade front page article
    http://toucharcade.com/2012/07/31/upcoming-3rd-person-shooter-trigger-fist-lets-you-wear-goats/

Link to Pocketgamer article
    http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/Trigger+Fist/news.asp?c=43654

I'm very intrigued by it (personally not associated with the developer) but it does have the look of being very entertaining and a whole of fun.

The game will have more modes and depth to it. More info will be forthcoming from the developer pretty soon.

2. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #2 lakeeffect, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
    Hello everyone! My name is Eric Rall from Lake Effect Applications and I am one of the developers on Trigger Fist.

We haven't released a lot of info about the game yet so I'll be here to give you guys the inside scoop and answer questions.

Thank you Rip73 for starting this thread!

Attached Files:

3. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    No prob Eric. Can't help but be amused by the trailer every time I see it so had to get some word out there about it.
    Plus I love my shooters anyway but a capture the goat as opposed to the flag is simply ingenious. Can't wait to see the rest of it.
    You gotta love the creativity of independent developers.

4. decoy_octopu5

decoy_octopu5 Active Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Florida
    Hey Eric, game looks like its gonna be a blast! A few questions, is it only online? When is it expected to be released? And how does it control? Thanks!

5. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    The game has been submitted to apple already, so it's just pending approval. That time can vary quite a bit with the App store so it's kinda wait and see.
    There isn't much more details about the controls and such yet but it has more modes than just capture the goat.
    I'm sure there will be more details come from Eric once the game is closer to launch.

6. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    For those of us in the PlayStation Vita thread this kind of looks like unit 13

7. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #7 Rip73, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
    Well, I have unit 13 as well but the only similarity I see is military shooter in a desert setting. Something you could say about any shooter ranging from mc3 to battlefield series to modern warfare series to just about any modern shooter on any platform. And their both third person perspectives.
    This looks different enough to me to be more interesting than the standard stuff.

8. PRE

PRE Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Honestly it looks kind of like old school SOCOM the characters (minus the goat) and the 3rd person perspective at least do it for me. Can't wait for it to drop tho instant purchase

9. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Any game with goats gets my money.

10. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    The SOCOM guys made Unit 13 btw. SOCOM does seem a better comparison as this looks more team based.

11. lakeeffect

Aug 1, 2012
    Trigger Fist was born as an online game but over the course of development we realized that we really wanted to be able to play without an internet connection. (or without having to worry about crappy 3G connections)
    And what we've ended up with is a game that is just as fun online or off, thanks to incredibly intelligent AI. You really can't tell who's a bot and who's a human.
    In fact, the game may be even better offline if you consider that it's so fast to be able to jump into a multiplayer game without having to wait for other players in matchmaking.

Right now, all you need to know about the controls is that they're perfect. It's the first thing we started working on when we were concepting the game and they've been tweaked and honed for the 2 years Trigger Fist has been in development. Our belief is that the game can be difficult, but not because it's hard to control.

With any luck, Apple will approve the game first time around and we'll all be playing together next week!

12. decoy_octopu5

decoy_octopu5 Active Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Florida
    Thanks for the response,Can't wait!

13. knighthalo123

knighthalo123 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    what modes are there?

14. lakeeffect

Aug 1, 2012
    officially:
    Free-for-All, Team Deathmatch, King of the Hill, Sacred Goat

15. {:L.S:}

{:L.S:} Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    This game looks great. Had a little lol at the goat getting a piggy back.

16. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Looks great. Can't wait for this!!

17. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I saw a comment somewhere else where a guy said that the goat wasn't getting a piggy back, that it was piloting the soldier.
    I thought it was hilarious.

18. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    This just looks so hilarious :D

19. barryweiser

barryweiser Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Really looking forward to this game. Looks like it will be a lot of fun. Hopefully the word gets out and the online multiplayer will be solid. I loved Deadlock until the online community fizzled out. This looks like it will be even better, though.

Can't wait to see another gameplay video (preferably one with the goat)!

Any word on possible release date and/or price?

20. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    It has been submitted to Apple by the developer so it's only waiting for approval.
    The approval process can be somewhat unpredictable but should be playing it next week hopefully.