Interesting in the next must have MMORPG game, here is the little summary

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jamukk, Dec 30, 2010.

1. jamukk

jamukk Member

Dec 30, 2010
    #1 jamukk, Dec 30, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
    Ok. Since I heard that there will be a awesome MMORPG game called "Empire Online(English version)" that will be release in app store (WILL BE RELEASE ON JAN,15TH,2011) , and since i have more then 6 month of experience of this game, so I plan to type up a brief guide to everyone.

(all the informations and summary were coming from personal experience, which is in Chinese version, the detail or translation maybe a little off,cus I didn't get *the chance to be a beta tester,and I can not tell the exact name or number, but the general information and guide you can trust it.)

First. Because this was a Chinese based game that ran on app store for at least 1.5years, so if there were significant bug, it's gone for 1.5years of tests.
    It is an addictive and challenge game, addictive for the fact that it will not have the problem with some MMORPG on IPhone( For example:that you can only attack 3 person per 10 minutes, or you can only do certain amount of mission in 1hr, unless you PAY) This game do not have those things.
    For the challenge part, first, this game have 4 classes, and if you choice warrior as your job, you can still learn other job's skill but you need to pay double skill point and money. So you can have Mage learn hunter's skill and Warrior learn other job's skill. So that is the problem, because it is difficult that you have so many different and interesting way to go. Second, this game is challenge because most player need team work, and if you have good team work, then you MAY get good thing ( but if you only want to level up and up, you can still do it your self, but it is difficult because you still need to buy equipments from other players) the third part, I don't know is a good news or bad news, because money(USD) will make ones go powerful, but it really depend on the way you use it, because there are lots of player that didn't use a penny and play better then those who spent.*

Second, the general introduction of empire online. This is a turn based game, which I think everyone knows how it works,. You can move your character by tap the place where you want to go,. Usually, you can not tap on the landscape, and your character will automatic choice the shortest way to go to the point you tap. If you don't know where you are, go see the up lefthand corner of screen and you will know, also there is a "world map" for this game, tap the up right corner's map. If you see a yellow " ! " on the NPC's head, that means he/she/it will give you a mission,but if you tap the NPC with the ! And there is no mission for you, then that means you didn't get the requirement for that mission (they won't tell you the requirement, maybe it is level, chain-mission,or others, it depends) . If you see a blue ? on NPC's head,that means either you accept the mission or you have finished the mission. If you are lazy about to find NPC or the monster, you can transport to the place by tap the transport icon on the mission list ( the mission list is located on the up left screen where a peace of yellow paper shown),btw some NPC or special CAN'T find them by transport. For the other information about where is the function, I think there is a ? On the up righthand side of each page, ex:send and receive items...Ok I think that is the basic basic thing of this game.
    Oh, another thing, if you still don't understand how this game works, in the beginning menu of the game, there is a help icon that tells you more basic thing about this game

Third. Battle. In this game, there are PVP,PVE,and GVG(which is not open yet). PVP, I think it is not a super important thing in this game, because it won't give you any benefit and it can be just wast of time,but if you are testing your status or weapon or armor's combination, that is a good way to do it.( if you want to PVP others, tap the icon says people near you at the bottom of the screen, and find the people you want, tap it , and tap PVP or something like that) there are two kinds of PVP, first, both you and the target have the level difference less then 5, then you can attack it without his/her's response, if the difference is more then 5or 10 then you need to wait until they accept to fight. For PVE, it is the most important thing to know about. Because you mostly deal battle with monsters. Actually it is quite easy, because you just tap the monster or you got go through the monster or the monster go through you will all start the battle. Here comes the important part, the Speed decide who attack first in the round, that maybe not sounds important and it is actually not important in the low level time, but the speed is very very important in later. When in a turn, the monster Attack you first (attack, not automatic skill, which I will explain later) then that means the enemy's speed is higher then you (speed can be improved by add AGI or skill or armors or weapons) *Accuracy, another important thing to know, physical accuracy have a 30%absolute hit that means no matter how low your accuracy is, you still have 30%of chance to hit enemy. Magic accuracy is different , if your magic accuracy is lower the enemy's resistance,then it is nearly impossible to hit the enemy, btw magic accuracy also buff the damage of magic skill (+1magic accuracy that goes over enemy's magic resistance will boost 1% of damage of the skill) . Near defense and range defense, these defense can only resist the damage form that kind of attack, and no matter how high the defense, near and range defense can only resist 75%of damage. Critical attack can deal extra damage, all magic near and range attack can deal critical damage,to improve this ability, attribute your status point to Agi, or wear armor and weapon. To attack enemy, you can tap attack icon and tap your target and tap the enemy again for attack, you can locate your skill shortcut from your character information page( go to that page, tap the -> icon on the top of the screen, and you will see a shortcut tap that you can set your potion shortcut and skill shortcut. Once you finish the enemy, you will receive the EXP, money and item, the items are not 100% drop and different monster have different item drop. All drop items go to your bag, so clean your bag recently.*

Fourth.Leveling.
    Well, level up means you get more skill point, status point, can use more weapon and other stuff. The Maximum level in this game is LV55. So I label 1-25 as beginner and low level part, 26-45 as middle-level and 46-55 as high level part.
    ••••••••••Important part•••••••••
    It is important that you finish all the quest or mission in all 4 place( the place where 4 different job located in 4 different place),because those quest and missions gives you enough exp that will let you go through lv25 or more.*

Not finish yet........(leveling,equipment, pet system, how to use USD wisely)

Just to announce that I plan to build a empire(country) in this game, anyone who is interesting in this game and have a heart that wants to rule a empire with me please send me email, I lov this game and I can provide many tips and shortcut that will save you many time and money(if you want to ).
    [email protected]

Please ask me question

2. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Longest post ever?:D

3. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Why have you got a guide for a game that aint out yet? Very long post, was hard to read it all.

4. jamukk

jamukk Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Sorry for the long reading, I just want people to get interested in this game before it come out, cuz this game is really awesome , you can see the Chinese version for graphics

5. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #5 Vovin, Dec 30, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
    Are you one of the devs?

6. jamukk

jamukk Member

Dec 30, 2010
    No I am not

7. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    I can't be interested before I see some screens or a video, or trust the person who wrote it, sorry!

8. jamukk

jamukk Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Then go to app store,search empire online and tap the first app you see with Chinese word tap in then you will see the screen shot or you can download it to see it for your self,and if you have problem reading Chinese,ask me

9. nnnevvv

nnnevvv Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Looks interesting to me. Maybe like a MMO Age of Empires, or Civilization? I'll be checking it out.

Thanks Jamukk

10. jamukk

jamukk Member

Dec 30, 2010
    You are welcome

11. 2hvy4grvty

2hvy4grvty Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    I'd rather have a short description of the IAPs.

12. jamukk

jamukk Member

Dec 30, 2010
    If you just want the introduction, wait for the game come out, and you will have the idea, but generally, this game doesn't have a big main storyline, it mainly follow personal's way and their job's or career's storyline
    This game's best part is the randomness and the country(empire system )that I have not seen a example can compete to it.

13. The reviews aren't so favourable!!

14. jamukk

jamukk Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Do you mean the review in app store? The 1star Chinese review is because the developer doesn't let China's user to use, that's why.
    What else? The one that says it will purchase in-app purchase? That's a lie.... Everybody knows

15. Spardian

Spardian Member

Dec 28, 2010
  16. The ones in the UK store have a lot of people speaking about how this app downloads itself... And purchases IAP and stuff... A lot like those 3 bad apps we had a while ago, shaginess momo and all that stuff :/

17. jamukk

jamukk Member

Dec 30, 2010
  18. jamukk

jamukk Member

Dec 30, 2010
    http://lakoo.com/en/unauthorized-iap.html
    That is the response Lakoo give about, but, there are about thousands of Chinese or others who known Chinese were playing the Chinese version, and I have never heard a problem with auto-purchase IAP( and I have money in by apple accept but I have nothing happening to my account, same as thousands of others playing )
    Btw, How does it purchase IAP without password varify?

19. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    somehow acquire people's passwords through Apple's records. :(

20. jamukk

jamukk Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Well, if theydo that, apple will delete the game and suit Lakoo right? But nothing happens now.