Universal Arena King (working title) - unexpect3rd

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by unexpect3rd, May 10, 2016.

1. unexpect3rd

unexpect3rd Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Mobile Game Developer (Fulltime as well as indie)
    Singapore
    #1 unexpect3rd, May 10, 2016
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
    [update 14 May: video updated to one with latest contents]

Hello guys, just sharing something new I am working on. Arena King (working title) is a simple game. It is Rock-Paper-Scissors meets timing+anticipation+reflex game (think....tennis?). It's easier to understand when you watch the video.

This build only consist of the combat and a working (and somewhat advanced) AI for me to playtest against. There are out-game features such as character upgrades and weapon, shield upgrading that are not implemented yet. And also more art is required for different characters and backgrounds. More details will be added to this post. (and hopefully more gifs)

And also, I am not artistically trained, this is my first attempt at pixel art (gameboy palate)

Here's a showcase of some early sword and shield designs. After Casual Connect Asia next week (17-19 May), I should be opening this game to beta testing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    it looks very interesting and fun !! I can't wait to play it

3. unexpect3rd

Dec 7, 2011
    Singapore
    Thanks @kripa1415'

i was starting to think no one would be interested.

Here's a showcase of some early sword and shield designs. After Casual Connect Asia next week, I should be opening this game to beta testing.

[​IMG]

4. unexpect3rd

Dec 7, 2011
    Singapore
    [update 14 May: video in first post updated to one with latest contents]

Characters Jump / Slash sequences have been added with different tell signs. Now it is definitely more reflex based than luck base when it comes to defending against opponent's attack.