Soosiz $1.99>$.99!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by LOLavi, Sep 9, 2011.

1. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland

Soosiz

Touch Foo
    "This is the best platforming game that we've played on the iPhone. It adopts the usual trappings of a traditional 2d pl…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    "This is the best platforming game that we've played on the iPhone. It adopts the usual trappings of a traditional 2d platformer but perfectly mixes in a gravity defying mechanism that turns out to be a lot more than just a cute gimmick. Combine that with great controls and a ton of content, and you have one of our favorite iPhone games." --toucharcade.com "Soosiz is without question the best platformer yet on the App Store. The game uses gravity-centered gameplay, like that of Gomi, but much more fast-paced, to turn a good platform adventure into something extraordinary." --148apps.com "This is the first title to hit the iPhone that provides the true platformer experience, and then flips it on its head. The game is an absolute wonderful experience, and then there are great sounds, visuals, and controls." Rating: 5/5 Must Have --appadvice.com "Soosiz manages to capture almost everything that was great about platformers from years gone by, as well as spinning the genre on its head – quite literally." Rating: Silver Award --pocketgamer.co.uk "this developer has polished its game so well that it deserves to be recognized as the most Shigeru Miyamoto-esque platformer yet released for the iPhone and iPod touch." iLounge Rating: A- --ilounge.com "Soosiz managed to beat all odds and catapult itself to now THREE of the iPhone’s best platformer levels." --theappera.com THE GAME: Darkness is falling and your friends are missing. Do you have what it takes to save the world? Experience the groundbreaking gameplay mechanics, excellent playability and pixel-precise controls in this gravity-defying platformer where words like up and down get a totally new meaning. Simple controls make Soosiz easy to learn, but it's a challenge to truly master the game. Enhancing your skills will be essential in beating the new gameplay elements and enemies introduced in each world. Watch out for the reduced gravity in space, slippery surfaces on the ice, gravity fields, freezing fountains and more. A PIECE OF ART - Stunning cartoon graphics and smooth animations - Lively worlds filled with astonishing special effects - Level design taken to new dimensions - Captivating background music by Kevin MacLeod HOURS OF FUN ADVENTURE - Explore 7 beautiful worlds - Complete 66 challenging levels - Beat 7 bosses in epic battles - Discover all the secrets - Master the unique gameplay mechanics iOS FEATURES - Game Center leaderboards and achievements - Retina display optimized graphics Soosiz introduces a polished concept with intuitive and simple controls to achieve a fantastic platforming experience. Check out the trailer video at soosiz.touchfoo.com
    Information
    Seller:Touch Foo
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Oct 09, 2009
    Updated:Aug 18, 2018
    Version:2.0.2
    Size:89.8 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (9)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Probably first good platform game on iOS! Such an amazing game! :D Not sure which one came first, this or Rolando, but definitely one of first good ones :) Get it now!

2. ak47killa

ak47killa Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    This is a great game. In the top 5 of all platformers in the app store. Its worth a buck.

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    totally... has to be one of my favorite iOS platformers... use to be in my top 3 for a LONG time... but this last year... there's been so many good platformers, and quite a few great ones... it pushed it down a tad... but yes, still in my top 5. If you don't have this yet... GET IT NOW!!

4. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yh this year was amazing for platform fans and will be even better!

5. Ghouls'R'us

Ghouls'R'us Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Syntheticvoid, can you share with us your favorites platforming games?

Is Miss Claire Garden still one of them? ;)

6. LucyInTheSky

LucyInTheSky Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Yeah, this is so cute! Definitely a must-have platformer on my iPhone.

7. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Christmas Sale Promotion - BACK TO 99c (also the HD version) :

Soosiz HD

Touch Foo
    Featured by Apple in the "Great Platformers" category! A highly acclaimed iPhone platformer now in HD for the iPad! Rea…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Featured by Apple in the "Great Platformers" category! A highly acclaimed iPhone platformer now in HD for the iPad! Read the reviews below to find out more. (Please note that the HD version only adds improved graphics and iPad optimized controls. Otherwise the game is the same as Soosiz for the iPhone.) "This is the best platforming game that we've played on the iPhone. It adopts the usual trappings of a traditional 2d platformer but perfectly mixes in a gravity defying mechanism that turns out to be a lot more than just a cute gimmick. Combine that with great controls and a ton of content, and you have one of our favorite iPhone games." --toucharcade.com "Soosiz is without question the best platformer yet on the App Store. The game uses gravity-centered gameplay, like that of Gomi, but much more fast-paced, to turn a good platform adventure into something extraordinary." --148apps.com "This is the first title to hit the iPhone that provides the true platformer experience, and then flips it on its head. The game is an absolute wonderful experience, and then there are great sounds, visuals, and controls." Rating: 5/5 Must Have --appadvice.com "Soosiz manages to capture almost everything that was great about platformers from years gone by, as well as spinning the genre on its head – quite literally." Rating: Silver Award --pocketgamer.co.uk "this developer has polished its game so well that it deserves to be recognized as the most Shigeru Miyamoto-esque platformer yet released for the iPhone and iPod touch." iLounge Rating: A- --ilounge.com "Soosiz managed to beat all odds and catapult itself to now THREE of the iPhone’s best platformer levels." --theappera.com THE GAME: Darkness is falling and your friends are missing. Do you have what it takes to save the world? Experience the groundbreaking gameplay mechanics, excellent playability and pixel-precise controls in this gravity-defying platformer where words like up and down get a totally new meaning. Simple controls make Soosiz easy to learn, but it's a challenge to truly master the game. Enhancing your skills will be essential in beating the new gameplay elements and enemies introduced in each world. Watch out for the reduced gravity in space, slippery surfaces on the ice, gravity fields, freezing fountains and more. A PIECE OF ART - Stunning cartoon graphics and smooth animations - Lively worlds filled with astonishing special effects - Level design taken to new dimensions - Captivating background music by Kevin MacLeod HOURS OF FUN ADVENTURE - Explore 7 beautiful worlds - Complete 66 challenging levels - Beat 7 bosses in epic battles - Discover all the secrets - Master the unique gameplay mechanics Soosiz introduces a polished concept with intuitive and simple controls to achieve a fantastic platforming experience. Check out the trailer video at soosiz.touchfoo.com
    Information
    Seller:Touch Foo
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Apr 01, 2010
    Updated:Sep 24, 2015
    Version:1.4
    Size:79.4 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (6)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

8. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    yeah! this game's amazing. plenty of levels to go around, too. might make you nauseous at first due to the constant rotation, but you'll get used to it :)

9. Glow

Glow Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Which ones are in your top 5?

But yeah Soosiz is great!

10. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    99c again. grab this awesome classic platformer now! :)

11. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Soosiz is f***ing awesome. Buy it for a buck!

12. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    I bought this a while ag and deleted it..
    I must be one of the very few people to find it boring and repetitive..
    Every level feels the same, no challenge except monsters, other platformers have different elements like parts you have to fly or jump on moving objects, etc but all sooziz has is like circled that you jump on and enemys and that's really it.. Deleted after about 5 minutes.. Really don't see what the fuss is about... I love paper monsters though.. So I'm not a platformer hater.. I just find this one dull, bland and repetitive.

13. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ha... Sorry you guys, never saw that you asked for a list from me...

My favorite iOS platformers

1-Beans Quest
    2-Miss Claire Garden
    3-Meganoid
    4-Terra Noctis
    5-Soosiz

I could list a lot more... But those are the five I've spent the most time with

Cordy and Bring Me Sandwiches have also been HUGE time suckers for me... =o)

But glad this is on sale again, I'm getting an iPad on Tuesday, so ima pick up the hd version. =oD

14. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    No offense, but if you only played for 5 minutes, you really can't make statements like you did here...

Well... You obviously can... but it makes you look like a total dou.....

Whatever... NM...

15. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #15 Echoseven, Feb 6, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
    I kinda second his opinion.

Maybe it's because I never played it when there was little variety, but going back to it somewhat recently made me feel as though it was overshadowed by some of the excellent recent platformers.

16. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Just wondering what makes you feel Soosiz dated?

17. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    IMO, soosiz is still the best adventure platformer on ios. Lumi is a close second for me.

18. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Well, actually dated is probably not the right word, but it seemed appropriate at the time.

It just doesn't feel like an of the more modern platformers - they all share a certain... Aesthetic, that I feel Soosiz doesn't have.

I think that's the point - either you like it, or you don't. I played it through almost to the end, but it didn't appeal to me particularly.

19. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Cool..thanks for the reply. Never got Soosiz only cause when I played the lite version back then, I got dizzy as heck. ;P lol... Fun though.

20. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Yeah, don't get me wrong, it's by no means a bad game!

I was just saying that it's not that far-fetched to not like a game.