Swords and Soldiers and Toki Tori huge price drop!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by TwoTribes, Jul 12, 2012.

1. TwoTribes

TwoTribes Well-Known Member

2. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    The HD versions of these games are also 99 cents now.

3. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    Wow lowest price for Swords and Soldiers HD.

I picked it up for $1.99 and enjoyed it.

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    hmm... got Toki Tori last time it was $0.99, but now that I've got an iPad... good time to get the HD version. =oD

5. neo_

neo_ Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    S&S is such a cute and funny game! Gameplay is not that tough though and you can complete the game in couple of hrs/days, but its a must-try. The art style and graphics remind me much of Battleheart :)

6. DelBoy2181

DelBoy2181 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    Are there any issues with S&S HD? And is it retina enabled for the iPad 3?

7. DelBoy2181

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
  8. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    why should there be an retina update? its a wii port with alot of content running below ipad2 resolution but it does not really stick out much since its cartoon art anyway.. all a retina update would do is probably add some sharpness to the image that would be barely noticeable during gameplay anyway..

there is only a minmal amount of 3d assets anway who would benefit from finer edges.. but overall i doubt it would be much of a difference..

9. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    How much is swords and soldiers like Paladog? I looked through the main thread, and this question was asked a number of times, but was never answered. So, being like Paladog is a good thing, IMO. Toki Tori is still an excellent puzzle game.

10. thedemographic

thedemographic Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Your period key seems to be broken.

I would like to see a retina update. I realize that it may not be critical, but it's reasonable to ask a developer whether or not there are plans for an update. I have S&S on iphone, and this sale convinced me to pick it up for the iPad as well.

11. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    #11 dclose, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
    When I asked them this on Twitter, during last sale (just this past May), they replied that there were no plans to add a retina display to the HD version of Toki Tori, but that the new Toki Tori 2, which is expected to be out "soon", would definitely be fully retina. They also said that TT 1 looked just fine on the retina iPads, and lots better than the 2X mode of the non-HD version. I purchased the HD version at that time, and I already owned the non-HD version, and I can say they were absolutely right. TT 1 HD is very playable on the new iPads, unlike 2X mode of the non-HD game which was way too blurry. TT1 HD is an acceptable sharpness. Yes, it's not retina, but it's good enough imho, and I'm very picky about good visuals.

12. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Sword and solders a long game?

13. DelBoy2181

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    I totally agree with you.

Are you using an iPad 3 to play it? If so, does it look pixelated or is it visually acceptable?

Actually, are there any readers here who own Swords and Soldiers on iPad 3 who can shed some light on how good (or bad) the game looks on it?

Thanks!

14. DelBoy2181

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    Anybody?

15. TwoTribes

TwoTribes Well-Known Member

there is not a retina update planned soon, but if we get enough request to do so, we might consider it. Thanks! :)

16. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Requesting! Bought it back at launch for $5 and was somewhat turned off by blurry graphics. Please Devs, do it!

17. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Only played it on Wii, and it was a sizeable game. If this is basically the same game for a buck, then you're getting a nice value. I really enjoyed it, but it does get quite tough later on. It is to castle-defense games what Kingdom Rush is to tower defense in my opinion.

18. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Should I get S&S? It piques my interest...

19. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Yea I want this game but is there alot to do?