www.AppTrakr.com --- looking for beta users

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by tjbuick, Nov 3, 2009.

1. tjbuick

tjbuick Active Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Hey all... so I got pretty annoyed at how difficult it was to track how well your apps are doing on the app store both in terms of sales and in terms of popularity:
    - logging in to itunes connect every day and manually copying my sales results into an excel file is just annoying
    - none of my apps are anywhere near the top 200, so other services that allow you to track your "top 200 rank" were useless for me -- plus I don't sell that many apps every month, so I can justify the price of they wanted (this is appfigures I'm talking about)
    - the other alternative (appviz) is only for the mac platform. It's silly in my opinion to make something like this into a mac application. What if I want to see my sales or ranking when I'm not at my computer! It should be a web application obviously.

I came up with www.apptrakr.com for my own purposes, but with the thought that it would be super useful for any developer. Every day, AppTrakr will take a snapshot of your category popularity (scraped from the app store), as well as logging in to itunes connect and downloading your sales data. You can view all of this data in a graphing widget. You can also see all of your customer reviews for your selected apps. Now, I'm personally a cheapskate, so I plan on making the end product SO affordable that it's a no-brainer, that I would even sign up for it myself! I'm looking for around 10 beta users that are interested in tracking the sales and popularity of their apps automatically. I need help ironing out the final quirks from the system and also some advice on the final UI for the web site. In exchange for your help, I'll give you 6 months worth of free service after the full launch. You must be willing to use the system to its fullest, so you must enable the itunes automatic sales downloader after you sign in.

If you're interested, reply back to this forum and I'll PM you with details.

2. walkingconcepts

Oct 18, 2009
    i am in

sounds interesting. i am also a user of appfigures. so i can give you some info about the features.

3. ipod-m

ipod-m New Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Sounds good

I just released my first iphone app and am struggling with crummy reports from apple and no way of knowing how well it's doing. This sounds great!

www.RUSmarterThanAMonkey.com

Thanks
    Vic

4. mobile1up

mobile1up Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    what's your policy for privacy?

surely you'll be logging everyone's sales stats - what's to protect such information from not being used for your own personal gain?

5. tjbuick

tjbuick Active Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Yes, I will definitely be logging sales data. I can tell you the same type of thing that app figures tells you, which is that I definitely won't be selling, leasing, trading or releasing anyones private data to any third party.

Beyond that, as I said in the first post, I created this site primarily as something I'd like to use. I consider myself pretty "average" on the app store, that is I don't have many sales each day, some days nothing at all. My apps aren't at the bottom, but they're nowhere near the top. This is a hobby for me, and not a job. I highly doubt that anyone would be interested in my sales data. I'm assuming that most of my users will be small operations like me, and that their sales data is not really 'valuable' to anyone but themselves.

I hope that eases some of the privacy concerns...