iPad Street Fighter X Tekken by Capcom

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by banger1103, Sep 19, 2012.

1. fffan7777

fffan7777 Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    #501 fffan7777, Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
    So friendly matches do exist, it just has to be unlocked.

No idea what level it unlocks at yet, but here's proof:

[​IMG]

There's even another difficulty called Battle Master...

Edit: So we can already do Player Matches, it's just that we use that accept request method. It will eventually be unlocked under Global Battle and it should consist of just 1 round just how it's set right now.

Friend Match is the one we should be looking forward to.

Battle Master gets unlocked, but we need to purchase it with SP/gold.

2. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Can you also prove there are no secret characters?

3. fffan7777

Jul 1, 2011
    Can't tell if more will be added, but at the moment, there's no hidden characters.

4. SuperWeird

SuperWeird Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    So how do we do friendly matches exactly? I'm not clear about this.

Do we have to unlock it by playing vs the CPU, or online against other people? Or can it be unlocked now - or is it already unlocked? How do we invite a friend to a match?

5. DoctaMario

DoctaMario Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    If its anything like Player Match in Third Strike Online you'd probably have to create a lobby (which it would surprise me if they had lobbies in this game, but it'd be cool) and then send someone an invite. I highly doubt it would be like that but you never know.

Kinda crazy that they'd lock it. Eric, what level are you and Volo at?

6. fffan7777

Jul 1, 2011
    #506 fffan7777, Oct 5, 2012
    Found more new stuff randomly:

[​IMG]

Thank god it's not a Ryu dupe. They will be added in upcoming updates. As of right now, there's no files for them.

I'm looking forward to keep leveling up now that I know friendly mode exists.

Just reached level 32. Love faking it that I'm a huge noob and get them revenge exp when they rematch me and get blown up.

7. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Omg Rolento! Random chars I love from SFA3!

8. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Great job digging this stuff up. What's your system these days? Typically I go 1 loss x 3 wins x 1 loss x 3 wins, etc. Works pretty well and I'm up to level 20 with that system. Level 32 though . . . wow.

9. fffan7777

Jul 1, 2011
    That's pretty much how I do it. I always go to sleep with 0 coins too. I found out that with every coin that we use, the # of wins allowed to earn exp accumulates. So let's say you lose twice, you lose two coins. Then, the next 6 games or so, you will be earning exp for all of them.

One thing I haven't tested is if those revenge exp can be earned through normal wins.

10. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Do you lose two straight and then win six straight? I generally don't lose two straight on purpose because I don't want to miss out on those revenge points.

As for the coins, are you saying that when we use gold to buy 3 new coins, that permanently increases the number of wins in a row that will actually earn exp (before it wins start equaling zero increase in exp?). I guess I'm not too sure what you mean by that.

11. CaptYadierPR

CaptYadierPR Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
    playing online in ranked

vs cpu cant be unlocked

12. Randomarcade

Randomarcade Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    #512 Randomarcade, Oct 5, 2012
    Heihachi, oh yeah, bring on the fun :)

I wouldn't mind sagat or ken though :( can't have it all I guess

13. BTNLegend

BTNLegend Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Canada

Seriously? Rolento? Heihachi makes sense and I'm glad he's in the next update, but Rolento? Should have been Zangief or Cammy or even Cody (if they're trying to add more Final Fight guys to this mobile edition).

...I still hate Hugo. =)

14. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Seeing how I'm at level 7 cause my ass gets kicked on this game I hope you don't have to be level 30 cause I wouldn't get there till the next next update.

15. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Good! Buying coins will only add incentive for Capcom and others to pull this **** in the future.

16. fffan7777

Jul 1, 2011
    #516 fffan7777, Oct 5, 2012
    First, let's refer the coins that are recharge by time as Capcoins and the IAP coins as gold coins from now on?

So, when I go to sleep, I usually like to go to sleep with 0 Capcoins remaining. When I wake up, I know that there's 3 wins stocked up that will earn me exp, but I don't want to get those 3 wins on the next session when I can lose once so the timer for the recharge starts working. Hopefully, I get the revenge exp for the 1st win, then get 5 more wins to get rid of the stocked up wins that reward exp.

So far, I have not used any gold coins to make any progress and have 18 stocked up.

I'm not sure if none our strategy works this weekend b/c it's a max exp weekend. Make the most out of it while you can!! I'm guessing we will always earn exp off every single win without having to lose (revenge exp does help though). Off 2 revenge wins, I was already able to earn like 75% of a level (when it's at level 30+, it seems to move a lot slower...).When it's over, we'll have to go back to what we know works best.

17. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Interesting. I didn't always think to lose that last coin before calling it quits for the day (or the morning or whatever) because I hate to end on a loss. But it does make sense and when I"ve unintentionally lost to end a session, I guess I have known enough to win a few matches first before diving into a loss on my next session.

I've purchased Capcoins once or twice but still have 10 gold coins stocked up. I get them very rarely these days. For some reason I feel like they used to come a little more often. Even those stupid boxes that fly across the screen never give me gold anymore (like they used to). Now they give me some lame tip.

As for revenge exp, there's nothing worse than having an opponent quit after I lose on purpose, especially if it leaves me with only one coin left.

18. fffan7777

Jul 1, 2011
    #518 fffan7777, Oct 5, 2012
    Yea, those flying pandora boxes just give out SP randomly. I have no idea what triggers it to give it to us or none at all. It's nothing major anyway, something like 50 SP or so. Something that you can earn with 2-3 matches. Plus, how will 50 SP really be useful when it takes 7800 SP to purchase and max out a Lv.3 gem set....

As for the gold coins, the only way to earn them is by reaching a level multiple of 5. Most of the rewards are listed in the spreadsheet in my signature. If the level after a title is not a multiple of 5, it's always something good like a new feature or a new gem set.

PS. Make the most out of this weekend. No restriction on the EXP earned is amazing! Already jumped 2 levels with 3 revenge exp in a total of 7 matches.

19. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    I won my first match woohoo. Lost alot though what's a good way to fight minus Ryu fireballs over and freaking over.

20. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Ok one eliminate the coin online fight bullshit and lag capcom. And two add damn people I'm tired of selecting a person and my opponents always have one person I already selected.