Final Fantasy IV by Square Enix

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Haruhi, Dec 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Is this the one everyone says is the "best" Final Fantasy? Or was that 6? I can't remember.. If so... I think I'll have to buy it.

2. Darkus

Darkus Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Oh. Hi.
    6 is considered "the best" I believe. 7 is easily the most popular though.
    4 was great though, and easily worth the money. (At least the PSP/SNES version are, I've yet to play the DS version.)

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Ah okay thanks for being honest! I think I'll pick it up anyways since I'm a sucker for remade FF games. Plus, these characters are really popular so I actually want to finally know what their stories are.

Are all the remakes out on the iOS already? It was just FF3 & FF4 that were turned 3D, correct? I'm a little slow on stuff that isn't on the big consoles :(

4. Darkus

Darkus Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Oh. Hi.
    Knowing me, I'll grab it anyways since I'm a pretty much FF fan. Not sure i'll ever put in the time to complete it though.
    The characters are actually pretty well done, the overall story is nice too. But that's one reason I wanted TAY, it really enhances the story and gameplay overall. Hard to look at the original's story the same way after playing TAY.

They seem to be releasing the remakes in order. FF1 and FF2 were remade for PSP and not for DS. They were also remade for GBA before that, but the iOS versions are obviously the PSP version.
    FF3 was never remade for PSP, it was remade on DS. So we got that port.

FF4 though, was remade for DS with 3D graphics, but they also released a PSP port with enhanced 2D-graphics, and included the entirety of TAY. I personally disliked the 3D FF3's art style... was hoping Square would opt for the PSP version so we could get TAY (It WAS designed originally for smartphones, afterall.)
    It would've been a good source of extra income for them too. Sell the original game for whatever, then IAP out the TAY chapters like the original release.
    It worked for FF: Dimensions.

5. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Dunno exactly, but TAY came out for Wii Ware, too? Maybe there's a chance they include it in the FF IV iOS version?

6. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Damn I can't wait to play this on an iPad mini over Christmas. Bravo Square

7. Sloany

Sloany Well-Known Member

What's TAY?

8. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    The After Years

9. Sloany

Sloany Well-Known Member

Ahhhh.. Ok. Thanks for the quick reply

10. rhljk14

rhljk14 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Swansea, MA
    Is it confirmed for 12/20/12 or is that speculating. FF Dimensions is having a sale until 12/14/12; which leads me to believe the game will be out next week. Just speculating.

And I hope this one is universal.

11. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Secretly wishing they'd release or include the original NES console editions.

12. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    You don't want it to have 3D graphics?

13. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Agreed I miss the pureurity that those essence has ;)

14. bigE1669

bigE1669 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    IT
    Ill
    Has english been confirmed for the 12/20/12 release?

15. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    Knowing Square Enix, this will probably be the most expensive game in iOS history/future.

$59.99. Can't wait to see people comment on how, "it's so worth it."

16. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    This gives me hope that FF VII is one day coming to the app store.

17. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    It will after FF 5 and 6 but if this ff4 doesn't get enough sales then nope. So everyone has to buy it please :)

18. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    The day ff6 remake comes out, the world shall rejoice. (at least the older gamers) I get a feeling the English version won't come out until months later. Also hope this one doesn't run at 20fps like the ds one did

19. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #39 undeadcow, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
    The thing that worries me is that all the Final Fantasy iOS ports are the neutered/altered "updated" editions of older Final Fantasy originals. Is there a Final Fantasy VI "remake"?

Like I said I'd love see the console originals, they did release relatively untouched ports of Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana so fingers crossed. Would Square Enix really chance releasing a 20 year old game to modern audiences without some sort of improved graphics, animated introductions, reduced difficulty, or other abominations to cater to what appears to be their perception of a market flooded with short attention span casual gamers? That aside I'm sure they are busy tweaking/butchering FFVI as we speak but my concern is that we may get a watered down mimic of the legendary classic. /rant

20. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    While its nice and "pure" if they released an unaltered version of ff6, I would treat it as lazy as it would be a straight port. Very interested to see how the game would look and feel if they gave it the 3d treatment. And as mentioned, gamers these days prefer a more modern look to the games, going with sprites again wouldn't reach out as far to the new generation of gamers considering how visuals have become.

In any case, the remake would happen on another console first, and then ported over to ios like 2 years later. Hope apple is still doing well whenever that happens.