Toon Shooters 2 (Mooff Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by [email protected], Oct 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwokx@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    #1 [email protected], Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    Hi Guys,

5 years after Toon Shooters the Shmup scene hasn't changed much. We learned some lessons from Blackmoor and a few other games, which I hope we can show in this sequel. We (thats me, Simon and new boy Ricky) want to deliver a good 4 player Co-op experience this time, its 10 tightly designed stages with 12 bosses, 6 characters and 8 pets.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Plot goes something like this:
    "today is the 5th anniversary of that terrible day when our fleet was wiped out by 8 mercenary cartoon characters from earth, I was just doing an internship onboard the Super Sky Breaker when the entire ship nose dived into our giant Death er... Star type station. It was a massacre…..*sob* But this time everything is going as planned and we will fulfill our boyhood dream to kill all humans!"

2. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Cool! Toon Shooters is still one of my VERY favorite games of its type! Such awesome controls---why can't all shooters have such great controls?! And the cartoon graphics are so colorful and spectacular! And the explosions are just what they should be! An unforgettable experience IMO! If this is gonna be as incredible as that, I'm all in! #

3. James Ronald H Lo

Patreon Silver

Sep 8, 2016
    Owner, Indigo-Entertainment
    SEA
    The game looks cool. Was that a 2-player mode I saw in the trailer?

4. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011
    Thanks for your long term support! how far did you get? Hopefully we've beaten the inflation and this game is better now than what Toon Shooters was to the market 5 years ago.

That was three players you saw in the trailer, we've set the max as 4, but if the screen isn't too crazy, maybe we can increase it.

5. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

YES!!!!! Still on my device since day one lol

6. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    You know, honestly I don't remember. It's been a long time since I've played it, but this reminds me to pick it up again! Got so many games, and so busy all over the place, but I still couldn't help but see that the new game is coming out, and one can be sure I'll be grabbing it right away! ##

7. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Incredible, gonna be great for sure.

8. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Eta:)?

First one was sooo great!!!

9. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011
    We are just testing the game for bugs now and letting Apple look at it, I'd say it should arrive in about 2 weeks.

10. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    MFI MFI MFI, controller support would be awesome!!

11. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011
    #11 [email protected], Oct 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    Yes this time we support MFI, apple TV, android, and are trying to get on Steam. This will help to bring more players together in the cross platform co-op mode.

By the way, here are two Icon designs for the game, what do you guys think? we are most likely going with the first one, its clear, represents the game better and similar to the original. The second design is more of an experiment to see if it can capture a bigger or more casual audience.

[​IMG]

12. S-Mario

S-Mario Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    Toon Shooters 2 iOS Release Date

Release date is confirmed for November 10th 2016 (this week), the tvOS is ready as well but approval has been a tad harder.

MFi supported.

Working on an expansion in the meantime :)

13. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Will the F2P system be like the first game? I shelled out $5.99 (I think) to more or less unlock everything and have plenty of coins. Like that method to sort of make the game "premium".

Playing through the first game again to get psyched for the sequel!

14. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011
    This time there is a Premium upgrade pack for $4.99 which unlocks all characters (including future ones to be added) +20 continues and +20k coins (thats worth about $2)

Really hoping we've kept up with the inflation and that you enjoy the game now more than the first one 5 years ago!

15. fatkit

fatkit Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    1 question here, can we still unlock the characters if we do not buy the premium pack? I normally don't play F2P so wanna know how the premium pack like. Thanks!

16. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    AARGH SO AWESOME! :D

Will this be a universal app across iOS and tvOS? So the upgrade pack will be pay once and unlock on both?

17. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011
    normally you can buy them using coins earned from killing stuff.

yup pay once and unlocks on multiple devices using restore purchases.

18. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I thought this was coming out today?

19. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011
    We've hit the launch button an hour ago and seen some downloads already, It should show up in your App Store real soon.