Universal Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer [Dreamscape expansion]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Artfoundry, Jun 30, 2011.

1. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    tecwrtr, that's a pretty insane opening center row! My prediction, whoever gets Nairi wins the match.

2. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    idrinkwater, epic match :eek: You had the PRIME but I ended up with most of the constructs :p

3. IDrinkWater

IDrinkWater Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Yea GG, I dint know prime can be that useless :p btw nice having finishing it up in a go, that way could have keep track of the cards better, now I c y ppl are saying ur making ur moves 24/7 lol

Lord gek sorry to decline ur invites but I don't really have a fancy for 4 player games

4. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    What! Who's saying that?! I'm not addicted! :mad: ... :eek:

But it's easy to quickly respond to moves because I'm on my iPad a lot for various reasons.

5. skarsnik

skarsnik Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Singapore
    Desuki wins the match up 2-0. Wasn't even close lol. All the best Desuki!

6. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Desuki, great games. Awesome Tarik + Pathwarden turn in the first game :D Tarik <3 You should have bought Sadranis instead of hitting Samael in the second game though. Just a 4 honor difference and there was an Asp in the Void and that would have really helped you.

7. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Hard to implement, and with all 4 sets, pool would be too diluted which would mess up events.

8. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Here's a thought.

What if they made event cards separate from the main deck?

There's always an event card in play (unless Nemesis comes in), and there would be a card per faction which enables you to put into play a desired event.

9. aoisora

aoisora Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Thx. Great games

10. aoisora

aoisora Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Yeah, i wasnt sure. Im not really into sadranis. Should have considered it though especially with +2 honors when banishing a monster

11. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    I didn't mean Guardian of Sadranis (although I'm a fan of those as well), I meant Sadranis, Dark Emissary. I've never had a game where any player got their hands on Sadranis early, but I would imagine those games to be heavily one-sided. It's a very powerful card.

I think some people on BGG play it like that. The developers hinted that Immortal Heroes does something interesting with the events, it's possible that Heroes are able to put events into play. But it would be a pretty big addition along with Soul Gems, so wouldn't bet on it.

12. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    I'm surprised you like Guardian of Sadranis. I hate that card. It's a glorified militia. I only pick it up end-game and occasionally to clear the center row or if I have power constructs.

13. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Heh yeah, I know most people hate it. But its +2 honor per kill is just too tasty. Get 2 Guardians in a hand and you're suddenly seeing a big honor drain. Also, the Guardian is a great addition if you have a) power constructs, of which Canopic Jar is easy to get or b) deck mobility cards like Tower Askara or c) power heavy units like Soul Assassin or Scrap Flinger. More often than not it works out for me. Unlike Askara of Fate, which I still hate :p Playing that card is like giving everyone else an Ascetic of the Lidless Eye.

14. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Amazing game onlyphoenix.

That game epitomizes everything I love in Ascension and especially in Storm of Souls. We both had highly technical hands which required great skill to maneuver, and both did so superbly with a tiny luck factor swinging it. Incredibly good match. In fact, I think that's the best game of Ascension I've ever played.

15. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Yeah, it was really exciting. Some people crib about how crazy the cards are in SoS but you need to play well to really utilize them.

16. tecwrtr

tecwrtr Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Senior Technical Writer
    Richmond, VA
    Camzy, is the 14-day match we just started our tournament game? Just checking... :)

17. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Yes.

The one with SoS and Promo.

18. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Ooh... I wish we had a spectate mode :(

19. tecwrtr

tecwrtr Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Senior Technical Writer
    Richmond, VA
    #2899 tecwrtr, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
    Not me! Did I mention I tend to choke in tourneys? :p Have yet to make it out of a second round. I guess that could be good for rankings in the big 32-player brawl... :)

20. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Good luck! (to both) ;)