Forgotten Memories - A psychological survival horror

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kugi_igi, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jujumafon

jujumafon Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Sorry,I misunderstood, and agree with you, thats why Im really thankful to you guys.

2. Singer

Singer Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
  3. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    OK, if you do not show 4G version separately...

Please, show here compared to the 4G version and a version for the latest iDevice :)

Maybe you motivate some people to buy the latest iDevice ;)

4. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Nice first post :rolleyes:

5. LazyGamer

LazyGamer Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    You mean the exact year? 2013 most probably!

Should they submit it today, it will be out mid december, submitted next week, probably just before christmas.

But they haven't even announced the Beta test.

6. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    agree with you:D

7. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    These Russian sites seem to be really up to date with gaming news x_X.

8. Idgeian

Idgeian Active Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Not happening

Every time I write this it gets deleted.
    This game WILL NOT HAPPEN
    It's been going to come out for years.
    It's one big hoax.
    Blimey it was going to come out years ago and the date keeps getting extended and eeextended and eeeeeextended
    Your all getting excited for nothing
    In a year or two a game will come out that actually is being made and not a promise after a promise after a promise and this game will be a deep forgotten memory ;-£))))))

9. ip4weather

Nov 13, 2012
    Tato plz tell me,will this game work without lagg on iphone4?thanks:confused:

10. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    I agree with the spirit of your post. This thread is pathetic, it started almost 3 1/2 years ago . All this for an IOS game ?? Give me a break ....

11. jujumafon

jujumafon Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    If you guys really think that the game will not come out, why do you bother keep coming here and crying like this ? You guys are just upset cause you probably want this game as bad as everyone else here, chill out, go for an ice cream or something.

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Woh... I just realized this too. It does seem ridiculous for production time for an iOS game.

13. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    But do we know that it's been in production all this time? Maybe they started 3 and a half years ago, started creating the game for 10 months or so, then stopped for a year for whatever reason, a bit more production, then a break again, and now they have started again? Perhaps really in terms of actual production time they've only been making it for a year or something like that, maybe they have had money issues making it and it hasn't been a clear and easy creation of the game

14. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Exactly! I remember Tato saying many pages back how shortage in funds prevented the project from going forward. Recently however, that has changed. They got the resource they wanted and hired more pros to work in FM. Since then, FM is shaping up to look awesome:)

15. picoro

picoro Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    i think run very well on iphone 4,this graphics looks like resident evil 3.graphics are not brutal

16. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    #2116 Whiteplayer3d, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
    Graphics is not important, if it have a good atmosphere (especially music) and story ;)

e.g.

Silent Hill 1,2 vs SH: Homecoming and Downpour :rolleyes:

Watch this -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30WQaRQa4mA

Do you think that without the perfect, detailed graphics is a bad game?

17. picoro

picoro Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    that's very true.

18. ip4weather

Nov 13, 2012
    i am sad because there is few games that not work on iphone4,example bastion :(

19. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Your posts keep getting deleted because you keep stating something as fact when you know full well it's just an opinion. Posting willfully false statements is not allowed on TA, and in fact will get you banned.

By contrast, fulcizombie (great name, BTW) is stating an opinion ("this thread is pathetic") as an opinion, so his posts don't get deleted. It's that simple.

As to how long should an iPhone game be in development, there's an old dictum in project management that goes: you can have something cheap, fast, or good -- choose two. iOS development has to be cheap, so you can either make a quick cookie-cutter game or you are going to take a really long time to make something special. Right now I'm beta testing Ravensword 2, which was originally announced before FM. Sh@t happens: funding dries up, programmers get day jobs, the whole studio shifts focus to a work-for-hire project. Indie development is, by definition, precarious.

As long as the developer is giving us regular updates, I'll gladly give him the benefit of the doubt. Obviously you don't have to, and it's fine if you don't. But anyone coming to this thread and making pronouncement that "the game is dead" without having direct information on the matter is going to have their posts deleted (and will eventually get banned if they keep at it).

20. LCDDreams

LCDDreams Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA