App store frozen?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by ben@epicmistentertainment, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Anyone else noticing that the store has not changed in a few days?:confused: Have a lite version of an app that should have been out on Friday but you can only find it by searching and isn't listed in categories...

2. ...So no one else has noticed that the app store hasn't been updated as of Aug 26?...

3. ErnestoH

ErnestoH Member

Jun 21, 2011
    iPhone indie game developer
    Redmond, WA
    The same thing happened to my app that was released on Friday. The only way to find it on the App store is to search for it by name. It doesn't show up in any list.

4. Manta Research

Manta Research Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Yeah, no new apps since the 26th. Update approvals have been going through fine though (I got an update approved yesterday), and they show up on iTunes with the correct date.

5. blitter

blitter Well-Known Member

It never ceases to amaze me how they let issues go unresolved for days on end. You should all claim exposure compensation, they sure won't listen to one voice (I can confirm). Hopefully a big name had a release issue too and knows a human at Apple.

6. ErnestoH

ErnestoH Member

Jun 21, 2011
    iPhone indie game developer
    Redmond, WA
    Yep, it's unfortunate that my new game will probably have a really weak launch because of the issue....

7. PhykenMedia

PhykenMedia New Member

Aug 29, 2011
    Creating Games
    Orlando, FL
    How often does this issue occur? It seems like it could really impact some games (both negatively and positively).

8. NinjaFever

NinjaFever Member

May 26, 2011
    Game development
    We have released a small free game today and... yes. It's not appearing in the new releases. You can only do a search for it, so it has no exposure right now.

The game has been released to match with an spanish traditional fiesta that will be held tomorrow, so it seems that our downloads will be minimal.

It's incredible this thinks are still happening, and it's amazing how long takes Apple to fix them. :mad:

9. Manta Research

Manta Research Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    It's back up, as of late last night....

10. Sami Gh

Sami Gh Member

Aug 31, 2011
    I noticed that too. Unfortunately they added all the applications for the last few days at once. So all Apps that were released on Friday aren't visible.